RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
MasterOLightning said:
Primordial - The Gathering Wilderness reminded me a bit of Arcane Sun, although it's nowhere near as good.

It is so "anywhere near as good". It's not quite at the same level, but it's a fucking marvelous album none the less. Check out Spirit the Earth Aflame if you're not convinced of this band.

Recc of day: also known as on eof the best doom albums EVEERRR

warning_thestrengthtodream.jpg

Thanks for the recommendations, I already have The Gathering Wilderness, amazing album. Both Arcane Sun and Primordial are form Ireland are they not?

ender7227 said:
Anyone know any good sludge bands? I just found that BLS is sludge and I was wondering what else is out there.
Isis, Neurosis, Pelican, Cult of Luna

there's also the southern sludge scene, with bands like eyehategod, down, superjoint ritual, etc(I find these bands to be boring, derivative, and shitty)

The Greys, that "Altars of Madness" DVD is pretty nice. Video and sound quality is surprisingly good and the setlist is great, of course, because all tracks are from "Altars of Madness". :kickass:

noitcefrepdewalf said:
i don't know why but i'm looking for some alternative metal...you know with singing rather than screaming and just guitar vocals bass and drums...kinda like Hurt and Alice and Chains...

Acid Bath

noitcefrepdewalf said:
i don't know why but i'm looking for some alternative metal...you know with singing rather than screaming and just guitar vocals bass and drums...kinda like Hurt and Alice and Chains...

I don't consider Alice in Chains metal myself, but you could check out the Melvins or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.