RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really interested in that Bluuurgh album which was mentioned here earlier.
Malignance, you said that it was quite strange and I do enjoy some quirky stuff. Does it sound like anything in particular?

DarkBliss said:
Malignance, you said that it was quite strange and I do enjoy some quirky stuff. Does it sound like anything in particular?
I'll tell you when I recieve it in the mail.

No fucking way. Psycroptic can write circles around Necrophagist. At least it's not just <15 second riff> <solo> <18 second riff> <solo> <solo> <10 second riff>

Psycroptic are nothing to rave about, but Necrophagist are AWFUL.

necrophagist (on OoP) have at least some grasp of structure, a certain flow about them which doesn't piss me off in the same way random-as-shit 7-tempo-changes-a-second groovenburg bands like psycroptic do. i dont care enough to argue though, lets just say they both suck, necrophagist are another wanking megadrive band anyway

Maybe if you are refering to Psycroptics new one, then I'll agree, but their first two albums are technical, but never once forget about song writing and stay melodic.

The Timebird said:
random-as-shit 7-tempo-changes-a-second

That's bullshit about Psycroptic.

Has anyone heard Ethereal Blue's Black Heart Process? If so what are your thoughts.

I am just nearing the end of my first time through it and it is quite interesting, some parts seem awkward but overall solid mid-paced death metal with a helping of atmosphere.

DarkBliss said:

It's nothing innovative, just solid thrashy death metal. The main reason I said it was weird is due to the abnormal high-pitched screaming, strange lyrics and the general atmosphere.

If you want some weird stuff, try these:

Dark Millennium - Ashore the Celestial Burden
Transgressor - Ether For Scapegoat
Traumatic Voyage - Traumatic Voyage

Status
Not open for further replies.