RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if anyone has heard of Atrium Carceri, some peopel were saying they were really good, so i came here looking for opinions

offtopic!

i was on a forum once a while ago not really knowing which one, i thought it was this one or metal-rules, but anyways there was a thread that had a bunch of albums free to download for 'promotion' so i took advantage of this and downloaded anatolia by pentagram, thought it was retarded at first but is now giving me a beating

long story short, does anyone know what im talking about? because i cant find the same god damn thread anywhere!

Perhaps I will give Obituary one more listen... but I'm pretty sure it will have the same result.. the music is okay, but the vocals ruin everything.

When I was 12,13 use to listen to Obituary a lot.

My mother was annoying a few times telling me to turn it down because the vocals. ha

BurningWitch said:
Just wondering if anyone has heard of Atrium Carceri, some peopel were saying they were really good, so i came here looking for opinions

I don't know how much you know about this band but just to be clear, it's an (electronic) ambient band. I think they are really good, but you have to be into that kind of music to appreciate it.

If you do like it, check out Lustmord too.

Danallica said:
ok cheersm
anyone else care to add anything? :kickass:

this is tough as a couple of the albums have their own characteristic sound. projector is a great disc but i don't no if it gives the best impression of the bands capabilities as a whole.its kinda a mix of different approaches. i would go with the gallery and either damage done or character just to see a bit of their past and present as both are great. dont discount the projector-haven era though as it was also well done.

BurningWitch said:
Where's the best place to start for Katatonia?

discouraged ones - the great cold distance: anything during this era of the band is good but the last 3 fuckin own. not metal anymore but probably the best rock band on the planet for me. they kinda became the new "tool" for me and they are only getting better. get the great cold distance and viva emptiness and then work backwords. or if you dont really go for the rock stylings start with brave murder day and work backwords.

Recc of day:

1037997qx.jpg

buy or die.

Status
Not open for further replies.