RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
swizzlenuts said:
I get tired of Mirror Worlds everytime I listen to it, but A Velvet Creation by Eucharist is utterly fantastic with a great melodic feel....

You think? Both Eucharists bore the freaking hell out of me. I missed an episode of Frasier which I was planning to see before bed, just because I dozed off somewhere halfway through VC. All the melodies sound like lullabies to my ears and the production of the drums sucks The vocals are very good, though. Sorry that was off -topic. I wanted to add something on topic but forgot what it was lol

DarkBliss said:
You think? Both Eucharists bore the freaking hell out of me. I missed an episode of Frasier which I was planning to see before bed, just because I dozed off somewhere halfway through VC. All the melodies sound like lullabies to my ears and the production of the drums sucks The vocals are very good, though.
The drumming may be a little lacking, but the guitar work is fantastic, great melodies yet never boring....

I went off A Velvet Creation quite a bit, there's a fundamental lack of maturity there which is no surprise considering the band's age at the time of writing. Still, it's a pretty good release, their sense of melody is unusual and the ambience it creates when combined with the album's other elements (I actually like the drumming and its production - again, unusual) conjures quite a vivid atmosphere of swirling colours I haven't experienced elsewhere.

DarkBliss said:
You think? Both Eucharists bore the freaking hell out of me. I missed an episode of Frasier which I was planning to see before bed, just because I dozed off somewhere halfway through VC. All the melodies sound like lullabies to my ears and the production of the drums sucks The vocals are very good, though. Sorry that was off -topic. I wanted to add something on topic but forgot what it was lol

Mirrow Worlds is really cookie cutter and generic to me. I do remember the first eucharist being neat. The drums regardless are awful though, sounds to much like a drum machine.

Swizzle can you download these crematory(surprised you have not since 'denial' is 4 songs of brilliance).

Crematory - Netherworlds of the Mind 1992

1. Enshrouded (in the River of Eternity) 04:39
2. Netherworlds of the Mind 04:56
3. Souls Astray 04:33
4. Dwellers in Twilight 05:04

Wrath from the Unknown 1991
1. Beneath the Crypts 04:16
2. Unconsecrated Ground 03:35
3. Wrath from the Unknown 04:28
4. Mastication 03:29

The Exordium 1990
1.The Exordium 04:32
2. Chunks of Flesh 03:33
3. Unevasive Possession 06:23
4. Requiem of the Dead 03:45

I hate to sound picky but try to get the best mp3 quality on these since they're demos. Also is crematory -denial really rare where it's probably impossible to find ?

I'M SO SICK OF GREAT THINGS BEING OUT OF PRINT. FUCK

EDIT... if you could download convulse 'world without god' that would be nice. thanks

I just found a user that has a ton of old school death metal demos... hopefully they are done in the morning... check my folder the greys...

EDIT: Hopefully these will be downloaded...

Demos.jpg

The Greys said:
I hate to sound picky but try to get the best mp3 quality on these since they're demos. Also is crematory -denial really rare where it's probably impossible to find ?

I'M SO SICK OF GREAT THINGS BEING OUT OF PRINT. FUCK

EDIT... if you could download convulse 'world without god' that would be nice. thanks

Denial has been on ebay a few times in the past months, each time it's gone for about $60, though. The earlier demos are just as good if not better, despite having worse production.

World Without God is pretty cool too.

Status
Not open for further replies.