Saxon - Wheels Of Steel; Strong Arm Of The Law; Denim And Leather
Tank - Filth Hounds Of Hades; Power Of The Hunter
Raven - Rock Until You Drop
Accept - Metal Heart; Restless And Wild
Rush - Rush; Fly By Night; 2112
Rhapsody - don't
Einherjer - Dragons Of The North

For anyone who knows...

How does Cemetary 'godless beauty' compare to 'an evil shade of grey'. I have heard some short samples and it's different but not to much. Samples regardless are not enough to get me to buy a cd riff off because for all I know the cd could have couple neat parts on an entire album. An Evil Shade of Grey is one of those classic first cds that probably is not capture again regardless if the band has many solid albums.

I remember swizzle saying sentenced does not impressive him much in one of these threads or something like that. You are not listening to 'north from here' and 'amok' properly and i'm really disapointed in you now!You did not download convulse 'world without god'. lay off the pipe!!!!!

I hope you enjoyed Evocation btw

You should also listen to the first two entombed cds until you realize how brilliant they are.

Smoking Pipe is ace man...

Perhaps I should relisten......

you should fucking listen to Decomposed!

EDIT: now that I think about it.. I really only listenedto Shadows of the Past.... and one full listen of North From Here (says last.fm):erk:

EDIT2: dammit... I hate myself... this is pretty good... I wonder if I'll enjoy it as a whole album....

Can anyone tell me if the Dismember demos are any good, more specifically if the production is decent on the 'Complete Demos: Remastered' CD. I've learnt my lesson after buying the Exhumed demo compilation... could barely hear a thing on that.

It's definitely a worthy pickup. I had a bootleg CD of the demos before it was put out, and the sound was definitely tolerable to decent, depending on the demo. I don't know if they mastered the sound of the demos for the official release, but the bootleg that I had sounded fine.

Necuratul said:
Cryptopsy - don't
Kamelot - don't

:erk:

Cryptopsy's None So Vile is half decent. Worth a listen at least.

As for Kamelot, get The Fourth Legacy, Karma, Epica, and The Black Halo.

been listening to falkenbach's- heralding the fireblade and really enjoying what im hearing. any recommendations for other albums or bands in this style?

My recomendations for today which is also a double disk death metal type compilation that I made for a friend.

Disk-1

God Macabre- the winterlong 1993
1.into nowhere
2.lost
3.teardrops(instru)
4.ashes of mourning life
5.spawn of flesh
6.lamentation(instru)
7.in grief

God Macabre- consumed by darkness e.p 1991
8.consumed by darkness
9.ceased to be
10.spawn of flesh

Sentenced (91-92)
11.disengagement
12.suffocated beginning of life
13.beyond the distant valleys
14.wings
15.in memorium
16.mythic silence(instru)

Disk-2

Gorement-the ending quest 1994
1.my ending quest
2.vale of tears
3.human relic
4.the memorial
5.the lost breed
6.silent hymn(for the dead)
7.sea of silence
8.obsequies of mankind
9.darkness of the dead
10.into darkness

Demigod 1992
11.deadsoul
12.tears of god
13.embrace the darkness

Wombbath 1993
14.beyond the gloomy
15.conceal interior torments
16.prevent anemia

Anyone know where I can find sorcery-bloodchilling tales. This album was re-released at a certain point so I have no idea why I have not come across it. I get so sick and tired of struggling to find cds that sometimes would rather just find a new style of music to like because it's frusterating.

I'm sick of the music industry.

Being 19 i'm not going to be listening to oldies anytime soon so someone re-release some damn death metal albums so people later generations can buy them too. Since I was not into death metal in 1990 I missed out on being able to buy things when they were released. I love this oldschool death metal music and it sucks because I feel screwed over.

One day i'm just going to retire from music all together because the industry is just not giving me my needs, and I guess there is no place in it for me.

The Greys said:
Anyone know where I can find sorcery-bloodchilling tales. This album was re-released at a certain point so I have no idea why I have not come across it. I get so sick and tired of struggling to find cds that sometimes would rather just find a new style of music to like because it's frusterating.

No Colours re-released it earlier this year (or late last year, one or the other). Order it from them, or check eBay from time to time. That's where I got mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.