RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
btw could anyone recommend me some black metal songs? specifically the oldschool ones, a fine day to die is one of the best songs ive ever heard if that helps at all?

God Macabre 'the winterlong' is a death metal masterpiece. For the person that asked for death metal buy this right now.

Relapse re-released the album giving it a remastered job plus a bonus demo. Relapse did a really professional job with this reissue. Possibly Tomas Skogsberg's best swedish death metal recording. The guitars are so cool sounding you need to hear it for that alone. One of the most unique original atmosperic moving death metal. Someone might think the cd only being 27 minutes and simple is a bad thing but in this case the band created one of the most tasteful affective early 90's death metal album. God Macabre could have released a few amazing albums imo. I think relapse actually did sign the band after the winterlong but they disbaned or something(could be wrong). Getting signed to relapse in the early 90's is pretty significant for some oldschool band out of sweden. I can think of some other bands that could have done some more really neat recordings.

dunno honestly. there wasn't really anything wrong with it, just nothing inherently right

but i've never dug a lot of the old school vanguard like entombed, unleashed...dismember and grave are OK.

asphyx, morbid angle, autopsy, necrophobic, old hypocrisy, carcass, bolt thrower get a thumbs up.

J. relisten to it... it's great... the atmosphere with the melodic guitar leads just owns about everyother old school death metal band.

The Timebird said:
god macabre > asphyx

The Rack is easily better than just about every other European old school death metal album. Really.

Granted, I can't say that Asphyx's albums after the phenomenal self-titled record are really worth owning. But The Rack, Crush the Cenotaph, Last One on Earth, and s/t are essential for that particular sound.

Eternal Darkness 'twilight in the wilderness' is unreleased.

what the hell

why ?

just found this

"MORBID WRATH HAS SIGNED THE SWEDISH DEATH DOOM LEGENDS "ETERNAL DARKNESS" FOR AN OFFICIAL / COMPLETE DISCOGRAPHY ENTITLED " TOTAL DARKNESS". THIS RELEASE FEATURES RARE DEMO , 7" EP AND UNRELEASED TRACKS FROM THIS HIGHLY UNDERATED BAND!! REMASTERED FOR OPTIMUM BRUTALITY AND EXCELLENT SOUND COMPLETE WITH A PROFESSIONAL LAYOUT , OLD PHOTOS AND INFORMATIVE LINER NOTES WRITTEN BY THE BAND THEMSELVES. CRUSHING HEAVY RIFFS, FUNERAL MARCH DRUMS AND DARK VOCALS SHROUDED IN MELODIES OF PURE DESPAIR. THIS IS FOR FANS OF OLD SCHOOL DEATH, BLACK OR DOOM METAL AND IT'S HEAVY AS FUCKING HELL!! COMING SOON ON COMPACT DISC! "

zim18 said:
btw could anyone recommend me some black metal songs? specifically the oldschool ones, a fine day to die is one of the best songs ive ever heard if that helps at all?

Well, I don't know about specific songs, but check out most of the stuff by Bathory, Burzum, Immortal, Emperor, Venom, Mercyful Fate, King Diamond, Celtic Frost, Satyricon...

Status
Not open for further replies.