RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard Trepidation, it's alright, nothing special. Anyways I'm looking for some death metal that has acoustic breaks/passages in it, could anyone help me?

Monuments of the Elder Faith is decent, but I'm not sure I particularly recommend them. Nothing special. If you want a high quality recent Polish BM release, get Infernum's Farewell instead.

Remember those oldschool death metal recomendations. A little review on what I have heard so far.

YAY

Authorize-The Source of Dominion
Sorcery-Bloodchilling Tales
Wombbath-Internal Caustic Torments
Decomposed-hope finally died
Eternal Darkness-Twilight In The Wilderness
Dark Millenium-Ashore the Celestial Burden Full
Crematory-Denial

NAY
Purtenance-Member of Immortal Damnation
Hetsheads-We Hail The Possessed...
Darkified-A Dance Of The Grave. This band had potential and could have been better but have about 10 minutes of material.

Molested while being good rely to much on being fast and technical which makes the band in their case get old fast. The band would be better to me writing music you can enjoy getting into, great musicians that do not have varied tempos. I only can listen to a few songs at a time. The guitar playing can be interesting and original but the music always being fast and disjointed slightly takes away.

The Greys said:
NAY
Hetsheads-We Hail The Possessed...
Darkified-A Dance Of The Grave. This band had potential and could have been better but have about 10 minutes of material.

Molested while being good rely to much on being fast and technical which makes the band in their case get old fast.

Try again.

I think this time you should try again sharing my opinion rather than me having to try again again to see where you are coming from. deal ?

No, I think you should try again, particularly on the Molested, because these are great albums that take a while to get used to and I think that you would eventually like them.

The Greys said:
I think this time you should try again sharing my opinion rather than me having to try again again to see where you are coming from. deal ?

Molested are more appealing to BM fans, I think since their primary strength is in creating a great sinister atmosphere via their dense seemingly chaotic arrangements. It makes sense that you're not crazy about them.

The only album I've heard from your YAY list is the Crematory EP and it rules!

The top two DM albums on my YAY list are still
Cadaver-...In Pains(Haunting sepulchral awesomness)
&
Phlebotomized-Immense Intense Suspense(symphonic doom/death with violins)

Fucking incredible albums from the first to the last second
The latter album is very accessible and should appeal to many

The Greys said:
Molested while being good rely to much on being fast and technical which makes the band in their case get old fast. The band would be better to me writing music you can enjoy getting into, great musicians that do not have varied tempos. I only can listen to a few songs at a time. The guitar playing can be interesting and original but the music always being fast and disjointed slightly takes away.

It took me a good 5 or so listens to really understand this album, mainly from all the blasts... LISTEN AGAIN!

I'm not saying molested is not good. I'm just stating things that prevent it to me from being as enjoying as it could be to me. The music is original and neat. The lack of varied tempos is what gets me.

Off course I will give it more listens. I have yet listen to the fullength in one setting.... maybe after acouple more listens will be able too. It's one of the most disjointed akward albums I have heard maybe in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.