RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Impudent said:
Alright well I'm currently listening to "Litany" and I have to say this is the best Vader album I own. I still need "De Profundis", so it's possible that that could be better, but if I had to recommend one album it would be this one. "The Ultimate Incantation" is good Morbid Angel worship.

I own both "Litany" and "De Profundis" and I seem to enjoy Litany better of the two as well as the rest as Vader's discog.

Evil? said:
I am looking for some old black metal that has alot of atmosphere without using faggoty over the top synth elements.

Satyricon's "Dark Medieval Times" and "Nemesis Divinia" are impeccable offerings of just that. Emperor's "In The Nightside Eclipse" is also very enjoyable. It may not be terribly old, but it's still good. Bathory's "Hammerheart" also makes this list.

Authentic Metalhead said:
Satyricon's "Dark Medieval Times" and "Nemesis Divinia" are impeccable offerings of just that. Emperor's "In The Nightside Eclipse" is also very enjoyable. It may not be terribly old, but it's still good. Bathory's "Hammerheart" also makes this list.

Thanks! I have actually been listening to Emperor's Nightside and Anthems and that is what put me in the mood for more. I have heard a few tracks off of the satyricon albums you mentioned and I did like them. I may be making an online order soon. Perhaps I'll add those two to the list.

PanzerKunt said:
Just stay away from the recent stuff.

Yes, that I know. Yuck. When a black metal band is getting regular rotation on MTV2 something is amiss. I really like what I have heard of the old stuff though.

Speaking of Enslaved, check out their early material as well.

Also, though I'm unfamiliar with the latest, I did enjoy Volcano. It's clearly not Black Metal, but that doesn't mean it's bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.