RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teh Grimace said:
heard their new ep "Jesus's Dad Shoulda Pulled Out"? it's like swimming in a vat of cheap vodka... a totally life-affirming experience...

I've been meaning to get that, but it's $73! I mean, yeah it comes with a pair of underpants with shit stains from the singer, but come on...

Can someone recommend any non-linear metal? I mean non-linear in the sense that no melodies are repeated as a whole more than once directly after one another, but the melodies still develop fluidly. Basically like the old composers. The only time I've heard this is Spawn of Possession on Noctambulant (their first album is much more linear). Dissection does it a little on Somberlain (i think) but to a much lesser extent. There must be other bands which deviate from the typical "metal" structuring.

hibernal_dream said:
Can someone recommend any non-linear metal? I mean non-linear in the sense that no melodies are repeated as a whole more than once directly after one another, but the melodies still develop fluidly. Basically like the old composers. The only time I've heard this is Spawn of Possession on Noctambulant (their first album is much more linear). Dissection does it a little on Somberlain (i think) but to a much lesser extent. There must be other bands which deviate from the typical "metal" structuring.

Scald - Vermitronic

"Synopsis:
Vermiculatus is Scald's most experimental, innovative and un-commercial project to date. The work consists of a singular album length instrumental track, the first section of which is performed by the band and is a complex composition of no repeated parts, followed by the closing section, which is an ambient reconstruction of the performance part. This is accompanied on the CD-rom track by a short animated film (Vermiculatus B1) with a further reconstructed soundtrack, an integral facet to the work and concept as a whole.

Scald are not known for being free with explanations behind their concepts but it can be stated that the on-going conceptual, metaphorical representations of the parasitic worm as psychological states has been further evolved from the ‘Nematoid' & ‘Headworm' material. Without the use of words or human voice these emotional and neurological conditions must be conveyed through the aural and visual stimulus of the Vermiculatus whole. It is not necessary to understand, only to be aware.

Read more and listen to samples at www.vermiculatus.me.uk"

heycobo said:
can someone recommend some that i might like. i enjoy behemoth, necrophagist, opeth, bloodbath, dimmu borgir, edge of sanity (before they sucked), children of bodom, decapitated, wintersun. just to name some. if you guys know of any bands that are similar or that you enjoy along with these, let me know. appreciate it.

You might like Vader. Polish death metal that is a little more thrashy than Decapitated.

Necuratul said:
Scald - Vermitronic

"Synopsis:
Vermiculatus is Scald's most experimental, innovative and un-commercial project to date. The work consists of a singular album length instrumental track, the first section of which is performed by the band and is a complex composition of no repeated parts, followed by the closing section, which is an ambient reconstruction of the performance part. This is accompanied on the CD-rom track by a short animated film (Vermiculatus B1) with a further reconstructed soundtrack, an integral facet to the work and concept as a whole.

Scald are not known for being free with explanations behind their concepts but it can be stated that the on-going conceptual, metaphorical representations of the parasitic worm as psychological states has been further evolved from the ‘Nematoid' & ‘Headworm' material. Without the use of words or human voice these emotional and neurological conditions must be conveyed through the aural and visual stimulus of the Vermiculatus whole. It is not necessary to understand, only to be aware.

Read more and listen to samples at www.vermiculatus.me.uk"

First sample I clicked on was the same riff repeated about 10 times. Thanks, but not what i'm after.

Well I didn't actually listen to it myself, I was just going off of the description...

Authentic Metalhead said:
Speaking of Vader, what album of theirs would someone recommend to me to start off with? I have none of their albums and my interest in them is quickly growing.

I am a fan of their more modern stuff (although I have not heard De Profundis :(), so I would recommend starting with The Beast. Good mix of songs.

"The Art or War" > "The Beast"

I'd say go with "Revelations". I just got "Litany" yesterday, but haven't gotten a chance to listen to it yet.

I see your point, and in point of deference to a completely unbelievable situation: something in common (a love for Guiness), I'm going to support you on this one.

Get Live in Japan.

Alright well I'm currently listening to "Litany" and I have to say this is the best Vader album I own. I still need "De Profundis", so it's possible that that could be better, but if I had to recommend one album it would be this one. "The Ultimate Incantation" is good Morbid Angel worship.

Status
Not open for further replies.