RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need some epic death metal that rocks my socks off.

Lately been listening to Pendulum(an Australian DnB troupe), Grand Belial's Key - Kosherat, Death - Scream Bloody Gore, Rotting Christ - Non Serviam and Passage to Arcturos, amongst other drum n bass and electronica stuff like Infected Mushroom, Spirillianz etc.

Mastodont said:
Hey
I was wondering if you could recommend me some new bands, and maybe what songs\albums to start with :)
I use to listen to Metallica, Mastodon, In flames, Immortal Souls and so on. Some death metal and mastodon`ish (not sure what genre mastodon is) metal would have been appreciated :headbang:

Something in the melodic-death metal vein you may like since you listened to In Flames and Immortal Souls (At The Gates, The Forsaken, Neuraxis, Shadows Fall, Necrophobic or Fleshcrawl).

Bands like Mastodon (Blessing The Hogs, Turmoil, God Forbid (early) or Pissing Razors).

I want some super-slow heavy sludge

I already know Eyehategod, Corrupted, Noothgrush, Toadliquor, Wellington and Grief.

give me some more names.

Try some fucking Traditional Doom please. Black Sabbath, Saint Vitus, Pentagram, Trouble, Candlemass, Solstice, Penance, Internal Void, Reverend Bizarre, etc., etc., ad infinitum.

Dodens Grav said:
Try some fucking Traditional Doom please. Black Sabbath, Saint Vitus, Pentagram, Trouble, Candlemass, Solstice, Penance, Internal Void, Reverend Bizarre, etc., etc., ad infinitum.

I've heard most of those bands. Trouble and Black Sabbath are the only ones I care for. I don't really like clean vocals.

That's kind of dumb, but whatever. In that case, listen to early My Dying Bride, early Anathema, early Katatonia, Winter, etc.

Dodens Grav said:
That's kind of dumb, but whatever. In that case, listen to early My Dying Bride, early Anathema, early Katatonia, Winter, etc.

I like Winter, don't care for the other bands

ohiogrinder said:
I want some super-slow heavy sludge

I already know Eyehategod, Corrupted, Noothgrush, Toadliquor, Wellington and Grief.

give me some more names.

And you don't like Acid Bath? Fucking strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.