RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really getting sick of people bashing Dragonforce. Dragonforce is not in any way a terrible band, most people are just jumping on "I hate Dragonforce because people actually like it" bandwagon. What's wrong with that? Maybe discovering Dragonforce will lead them deeper into the metal world. And Dragonforce itself is good in the first place. Nothing groundbreaking, but what is in metal today?

Thanks for totally avoiding my question. I heard Dragonforce about 2 years ago for the first time and I thought they were cheesy then; my opinion still stands. Don't get me wrong, I like some power metal, but I prefer it not to be so corny. So, allow me to reiterate: what do you think of Celladoor?

Holy fucking dogshit.

I just received 1349 - Liberation through the post, and it's getting the first listening treatment. I bought it as it was VERY cheap on amazon.co.uk (£3), new, and thought I'd give it a go.

I'm really (REALY) shocked to find that I'm enjoying it quite a bit. There's some quality riffage going on under the fuzz, and despite an insanely annoying drum sound that I'm learning not to hate, it's a pretty engaging record. I think the production is a lot better than many of these relatively TR00 releases I've heard...

The 2nd album is in the post - so given that I'm liking this, and as you know I'm an avowed BM "meh" merchant, where to next?

It's pretty fucking rough, you wouldn't like it, and to prove it to you, if you go on AIM I'll send you a song.

Nattens Madrigal is hardly tough to listen to...the production is squeaky clean, just noisy and mainly high frequency...it's very artificial and digital sounding.

That said, Wolf And Passion is the happiest BM song ever.

Uh, considering the production is almost always the chief complaint for people who can't get into it, I strongly disagree with you.

Well, the production is not "raw." Raw implies lo-fi. It's noisy.

It's not muddled or out of place; everything is loud and clear and the mix is fine. It's strictly pervaded by excessive digital noise.

Carcassian said:
Holy fucking dogshit.

I just received 1349 - Liberation through the post, and it's getting the first listening treatment. I bought it as it was VERY cheap on amazon.co.uk (£3), new, and thought I'd give it a go.

I'm really (REALY) shocked to find that I'm enjoying it quite a bit. There's some quality riffage going on under the fuzz, and despite an insanely annoying drum sound that I'm learning not to hate, it's a pretty engaging record. I think the production is a lot better than many of these relatively TR00 releases I've heard...

The 2nd album is in the post - so given that I'm liking this, and as you know I'm an avowed BM "meh" merchant, where to next?
1349 is derivative show-off garbage that can fuck off, i suggest you get the albums that 1349 are an inferior clone of, such as mayhem - dmds and so forth

VVVVV said:
Well, the production is not "raw." Raw implies lo-fi. It's noisy.
stop acting like there's an established definition for vague descriptions like "raw"

VVVVV said:
It's not muddled or out of place; everything is loud and clear and the mix is fine. It's strictly pervaded by excessive digital noise.
you know, for being a self-styled "noise musician" you sure know very little about what "digital noise" is

Erik said:
1349 is derivative show-off garbage that can fuck off

stop acting like there's an established definition for vague descriptions like "raw"

Well I like it, so there. Subtract another 100 Tr00 points from my score.

Carcassian said:
Well I like it, so there. Subtract another 100 Tr00 points from my score.
you like it because you haven't heard better bands yet, sort of like you probably liked nelson and winger when you were a wee lad

Status
Not open for further replies.