RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
cookiecutter said:
I've been thinking of getting their album "Colossal Titan Strife". Is it any good?

It's one of my favorite death metal albums of the last 5 or 6 years, so yeah, it's VERY good. Extremely professional, tight, melodic death metal with plenty of technicality, quirkiness, and catchiness. You'll want to listen to it again and again. The concept/lyrical matters are quite weighty as well, so you can also sink your teeth into those!

And yeah I wrote a review for it on M-A under the name Spawnhorde...a lot of my reviews on there suck, but I like that one I suppose. I actually underrated it, though.

If you want to read consistently GOOD reviews by me for stuff, go to my RateYourMusic reviews here:

http://rateyourmusic.com/collection/Viscereality/reviews

ohiogrinder said:
I'm back on a black metal kick, need some stuff similar to Xasthur and Burzum. not necessarily one man stuff, but real atmospheric, slow stuff.

something that Red Stream might carry.

also maybe something similar to De Mysteriis-era Mayhem.

Hate Forest - Battlefields
Twilight (US) - s/t
Nortt - all
Drudkh - Forgotten Legends

DarkBliss said:
Recommend me some good dark ambient with male vocals
Perunwit. Actually, I don't know if this would be dark enough. It's very folky, and there are very few vocal parts, but those parts are male vocals.

Karsa said:
I'm tempted to say Elend, just because... you know, I'll take any opportunity. Not dark ambient by any stretch, but influenced by it for sure.
well I meant something like Dead Can Dance but with male vocals only. Most female vocals make me cringe, especially Lisa's arabesque wailing. Ugh
I recall to have enjoyed Elend before, but the Umbersun did nothing for me. Time for reevaluaion, perhaps

Thanks for the rec, Impudent. I'll look into them.

No problem. Not sure if it's what you're looking for, but it was worth a shot.

But DCD are even less dark ambient than Elend are. :( Anyway, The Umbersun is definitely the best Elend album from my perspective, but all their albums are very different, I recommend trying their last two as well. Leave Lisa alone also, asshole. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.