RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Greys said:
Also did Drowned,Thrash Records, and Spinefarm release a significant ammount of death metal in the eary 90's ?. I just know of a few things

Well, you have recieved a qualified reply from Malignance. Perhaps you should ask around Metal-Archives too. Users like Drowned and peterott are well-versed in this stuff and will probably be of further assistance

start with the...
essentials-iron maiden, judas priest, motorhead and metallica
more aggressive thrash-kreator, megadeth and exodus
death metal- death, suffocation and possessed

Yeah the user Drowned on M-A is a fucking COOL dude, he's amazing. I was in contact with him for a while and we were pretty cool...never on AIM anymore (his AIM s/n is soulsvortex fyi), but he rules.

Lilmaggot said:
Okay...Recently, I've heard a lot of fucking complaints and bitching from my buddy Mike or "Mike27" about my taste in music...SO, I have decided to try out some new shit....What I like is, something where obvious talent is involved...not just growling into the Mic and all that crap...Awesome guitars...I'm a huge fan of that stuff....some mind-blowing solo's always seem to make me happy...

-Thanks,
Lilamggot
AMON AMARTH

good idea.

i say, for deven (lilmaggot) start out with melodic stuff like that, and stuff like atheist and death. then move on to heavier, i.e. bolt thrower.

Kreator/Destroyer said:
i hope your right...n00bs suck...i was sucky n00b but technically i guess i still am a n00b until i've been here a year or what?

i would say i still have some n00b in me....:lol:

Lilmaggot said:
Okay...Recently, I've heard a lot of fucking complaints and bitching from my buddy Mike or "Mike27" about my taste in music...SO, I have decided to try out some new shit....What I like is, something where obvious talent is involved...not just growling into the Mic and all that crap...Awesome guitars...I'm a huge fan of that stuff....some mind-blowing solo's always seem to make me happy...

Children of Bodom (first three albums), Blind Guardian, Wintersun, (latter-day) Death, Symphony X, (latter-day) Bathory, (early) Rhapsody, Phlebotomized, Atrocity, Cadaver, Vader, Morbid Angel, King Diamond...the list goes on. Mostly obvious stuff, but it's all quite enjoyable.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Yeah the user Drowned on M-A is a fucking COOL dude, he's amazing. I was in contact with him for a while and we were pretty cool...never on AIM anymore (his AIM s/n is soulsvortex fyi), but he rules.

Yeah, he's a good guy.

He also introduced me to Argentum's Ad Interitum Funebrarum for which I am forever in his debt.

Lilmaggot said:

-Thanks,
Lilamggot

I'm into a lot of untalented stuff, but I'll give you some recommendations anyways

Morbid Angel - Alatars Of Madness
Death - Leprosy
Atheist - Piece Of Time

can anyone recommend any bands similar to Thergothon? I'm buying Thergothon's Streams From The Heavens and want similar stuff.

Zephyrus said:
lockd.gif

:lol:

Go to the recommendations thread man, other than that listen to immortal, Satyricon, Burzum, Darkthrone, Absu, Thorn, Bathory, Emperor, Morbid angel, Carcass, Goat Horn, Vader, and, of course Opeth :erk: :kickass:

Status
Not open for further replies.