RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
MetalNoob said:
um, the only thing I see unique about them is the vocals, but don't get me wrong Vader is fucking good.

and thats what makes them what they are

Can anyone recommend me a band similar to Intestine Baalism? Maybe a band similar to Agalloch also?

What are some good one-man BM projects? I seem to enjoy these a lot. I already know some of the more familiar ones (Xasthur, Leviathan, Wigrid, Nortt), but I may have missed anything less obvious than Burzum. They don't need to be of the depressing/suicidal sort, although I like those a lot.

MasterOLightning said:
What are some good one-man BM projects? I seem to enjoy these a lot. I already know some of the more familiar ones (Xasthur, Leviathan, Wigrid, Nortt), but I may have missed anything less obvious than Burzum. They don't need to be of the depressing/suicidal sort, although I like those a lot.
Try Countess, Graveland, Isengard, Nachtfalke, Mütiilation. And if you like depressing/suicidal stuff a lot, as you said, check out Silencer - Death - Pierce Me. It's not one-man project, but it's good.

MasterOLightning said:

Other ones I have heard slightly are Sapthuran and Hills of Sephiroth. I can't speak for their quality, but I enjoyed some of their songs on myspace.

MasterOLightning said:

Check out the Xasthur splits, usually the bands with Xasthur are depressing/suicidal.

MasterOLightning said:

Krohm. Also Lurker of Chalice.

A friend of mine recommended these to me when I was searching for depressive BM. I'm not sure if they're all one man projects, but most of them are quite good:

Anti (Ger)
Abyssic Hate
Amaka Hahina (More Ambient, and incredibly disturbing)
Beyond The Ninth Wave
Darkspace
Elysian Blaze
Emit
Forgotten Tomb
Forgotten Woods
Hoffnungstod
Hypothermia
I Shalt Become
Kältetod
Leviathan
Lurker Of Chalice
Make A Change... Kill Yourself
Manetheren
Marblebog
Mord (US)
Night Conquers Day
Nocternity
Nyktalgia
Paysage D'Hiver
Regnum
Shining
Silencer
Skydom
Sterbend
Svartkraft
Todesstoß
Trollskogen
Vinterriket

quoted again

ohiogrinder said:
can anyone recommend any bands similar to Thergothon? I'm buying Thergothon's Streams From The Heavens and want similar stuff.
also, don't recommend Unholy, Esoteric, Evoken or Skepticism as I've already heard those bands

metal_wrath said:
I have just started listening to Thergothon, and I am just getting into the genre really. But I can recommend some similar acts, such as Mournful Congregation, Autumnia, Morgion :headbang: ...

Autumnia is the only one I haven't heard or heard of. what are they like?

Status
Not open for further replies.