RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too, Greys just sucks at emotion. :)

Dodens: MYTHOLOGICAL COLD TOWERS...jesus. These guys are great, all of their CDs are quite good, definitely check em out...start with Sphere Of Nebaddon...

Dodens Grav said:
Erik will yell at me for calling it Death Metal because it's really not, but

Tiamat - Sumerian Cry
Tiamat - The Astral Sleep

Are pretty awesome.

Tiamat 'clouds' is also very good.

I enjoy Wildhoney. The music is a perfect blend of being expirimental, some heavier elements from 'clouds' still remain. Visionaire is such a great song. The album after wildhoney simply does nothing for me.

The Greys said:
I enjoy Wildhoney. The music is a perfect blend of being expirimental, some heavier elements from 'clouds' still remain. Visionaire is such a great song. The album after wildhoney simply does nothing for me.
Visionaire is the best song on the album, and still has a lot of metal to it. But that album has a lot of non-metal songs, such as "Pocket Sized Sun" and "Do You Dream of Me" which I don't like at all, for instance.

wildhoney is meant to be listened to as a WHOLE, beginning to end

oh and ALL TIAMAT/TREBLINKA FROM "CRAWLING IN VOMITS" TO "A DEEPER KIND OF SLUMBER" IS COMPLETELY :worship: :worship: :worship: AMAZING :worship: :worship: :worship:

I recommend Pavor to all fans of brutal or technical death metal. Both CDs rule utterly, and the bassist plays random jazz high note runs all the time.

I also recommend Tenebrae In Perpetuum for anyone into early (post-Soulside Journey) Darkthrone-type black metal or for anyone into desolate, despondent BM.

Yes, Pavor are completely insane. The bassist is better than any metal bassist I have every heard (even Steve DiGiorgio), and the guitarist and drummer are fucking sick too. They are all excellent musicians.

I just saw the video for 'The Pestilence That Walketh in Darkness', by Cryptopsy on Headbangers Ball the other night and it was good.

Anyways, I'm out of touch with some of the more modern tech/math metal. I'd like recommendations for some more tech metal from the past 3-4 years with an emphasis of good production.

Status
Not open for further replies.