RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
you aren't really in a position to say dol guldur is summoning's best if you havent heard all of their releases. i will check out minas morgul as well (i like dol guldur) as im yet to hear it.

hibernal_dream said:
Although later Summoning is compositionally stronger, Minas Morgul is among the best, and I've always considered Dol Guldur slightly overrated

Well, Dol Guldur holds much stronger melodies than any other work they have done. The midevil elements is much stronger in insturment orientation, and the vocals are much harshly done, and more driven with emotion. All this equals is the best Summoning album. Though it isn't by a lot. Everything they have made is a masterpiece of in it's own right, it just depends what elements you enjoy the most.

Blue_Jay said:
Any good metal that has pianos in it? Also I already heard of Stormblast (someone recommended me that in another thread).

A lot of bands use Piano's, but if you want some Organs in your metal, pick up Pantheist's 1000 years demo

Has anyone heard Morker's full lenght "Skuggornas Rike"? I have only their demo "Den Sista Utfärden" and i like it alot. Morker is a symphonic black metal band from Sweden.

Krigloch hates Tape Nuts said:
recommend me some more black metal.
more epic the better. but none of that boring horrible sounding shit.
You have to check out Thrudvangar, a german black/viking metal band. Get their album "Walhall"... knowing you enjoy Manegarm this won't disappoint you.

anything associated with sunn/southern lord is trendy now sorry

you never noticed how you can get a bunch of formerly underground USBM shit on amazon now?

Spectacular Views said:
anything associated with sunn/southern lord is trendy now sorry

you never noticed how you can get a bunch of formerly underground USBM shit on amazon now?
Hehe I was joking. The new wider availability in my opinion is a good thing for improving America's reputation for producing quality black metal.

Necuratul said:
THE SWORD/PRINCESS/WOLF MOTHER/MACHINE MAN OR WHATEVER THAT OTHER ONE IS CALLED

seriously i remember hearing the sword a couple years back and now they're hella big it's so weird!

but really stuff like that isn't big in indie hipster circles it's too popular.......they like mastodon, agalloch, sunn, and now these usbm bands (mostly the guys associated with Twilight)

Status
Not open for further replies.