RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spectacular Views said:
seriously i remember hearing the sword a couple years back and now they're hella big it's so weird!

but really stuff like that isn't big in indie hipster circles it's too popular.......they like mastodon, agalloch, sunn, and now these usbm bands (mostly the guys associated with Twilight)
I read that interview just a few days ago. I'm somewhat baffled by what motivates Malefic these days. For example, the thank yous on Subliminal Genocide read like an Oscar acceptance speech. What happened to the guy who spent all of his liner notes telling people to fuck off? This time there's just one line for it. And of course there's another album on the way for 2007, and then a few rereleases and splits.

Yeah I agree, he's becoming a bit too nice. And Sunn are getting too popular and are releasing too much. 00 Void will always and forever remain THE BEST.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Yeah I agree, he's becoming a bit too nice. And Sunn are getting too popular and are releasing too much. 00 Void will always and forever remain THE BEST.

Yea this weird punk/emo kid commented to me about how he was really getting into Sunn O)) after seeing something about them in Guitarworld,.... Guitarworld?

Dripping is great stuff...weird brutal death...but not weird because of their style of death metal (even though it is JAW-DROPPINGLY heavy and breakdown-laced), but because of the samples they throw in; they've got some techno samples, choral music, rap, etc. just sitting around in their songs. It's awesome, and it doesn't take away from the fucking pure slam brutality of their stuff...

I wrote a review here.

sunn were in the new york times ffs

personally i think its pretty rad.......seeing them live on friday :D

edit: my dad (who loves sunn) met stephen o'malley in the pub once

sorry to be random BUT MORBID FUCKING ANGEL IS KICKING MY ASS!!
the bass solo in suffocation is fucking awesome!
chapel of ghouls has some of the best lyrics ive ever heard!
AND GOD DAMN THESE GUITAR SOLOS ARE MAKING ME WANT TO BREAK SOMETHINGGGGG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MetalNoob said:
Cool... you have a band, just like almost everyone else here. No need to boast it randomly and not directed towards anything.
kind of like your useless posts?

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Dripping is great stuff...weird brutal death...but not weird because of their style of death metal (even though it is JAW-DROPPINGLY heavy and breakdown-laced), but because of the samples they throw in; they've got some techno samples, choral music, rap, etc. just sitting around in their songs. It's awesome, and it doesn't take away from the fucking pure slam brutality of their stuff...

I wrote a review here.
sounds terrible :erk:

Status
Not open for further replies.