RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe he said something to the effect of it sucking far less than the previous albums, to be fair.

I really like Niles' music mix with ancient music and lyrics about egyptian gods. AoTW sounds like simple death metal, BSoV is my favourite though.

Thanks, I've just listened to "Confined" and you are right, there is too much unnecessary double-bass. Anyway I am obsessed with Mayhems' "Chimera" album lately. How is it for you guys?

I remember some site ranking them as death metal. LOL. Btw, I can't wait 'till new Arkhon Infaustus and Mayhem!

(M)aggoT said:
I remember some site ranking them as death metal. LOL. Btw, I can't wait 'till new Arkhon Infaustus and Mayhem!

I bought Arkhon Infaustus' Filth Catalyst, but I though it wasnt that great. Is there a better starting point for them, or what?

Authentic Metalhead said:
Edit: Where's a good place to start in Hypocrisy's discography?

Start with Virus and Penetralia and work your way inward. Or else buy Abducted and go backwards and forwards through their discog.

metal_wrath said:
What is a band similar to Empyrium with even more mellow acoustic goodness

Fleur
Gaë Bolg & The Church Of Fand
Tenhi
Trial of the Bow
Nest
Forseti

None of it is metal though.

Montu Sekhmet said:
I bought Arkhon Infaustus' Filth Catalyst, but I though it wasnt that great. Is there a better starting point for them, or what?

Filth Catalyst is the best to start. After FC is Peridition Insanabilis and then Hell Injection. You didn't like Filth Catalyst?

metal_wrath said:
What is a band similar to Empyrium with even more mellow acoustic goodness

for music in the style of empyrium's acoustic parts yo ureally cant do better than ORPLID

Status
Not open for further replies.