RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm heading into town tomorrow to pick up some of that technical death metal but I wanted to get your recommendations on which Iron Maiden album to start with seeing as I have zero exposure to them. Should I just start at the beginning and go from there or just pick up whatever the store has. Thanks again

powerslave powerslave powerslave powerslave powerslave powerslave powerslave powerslave powerslave powerslave powerslave powerslave powerslave powerslave powerslave powerslave powerslave powerslave powerslave powerslave powerslave powerslave powerslave powerslave

or piece of mind or seventh son of a seventh son. + get bruce dickinson - the chemical wedding (which is absolutely killer)

^
Id say probably grab

Iron Maiden
The Number Of The Beast
Piece Of Mind

They are my favourites by them anyways, i dont really dig too much of their stuff after sort of mid-late 80s

MetalNub said:
Hey everyone...so i'm sorta new to the whole "extreme" metal scene but i've really gotten into Cryptopsy. According to wikipedia they are considered technical death metal and had a whole listing of recommended bands. I was wondering what you guys would recommend.

Atheist - Piece of Mind, Unquestionable Presence
Gorod - Neurotripsicks (amazing fucking album, probably my favorite death metal album)
Gory Blister - Art Bleeds, Skymorphosis
In-Quest - Operation: Citadel
Pavor - Furioso

EDIT: I knew something wasn't right haha.

*Operation: Citadel

Also check out:
Cenotaph - Psueod-Verminal Cadaverium and Puked Genital Purulency
Blastfame - Abstract Evolution
Amoral - Decrowning (sounds sorta like Quo Vadis only heavier)
Intervalle Bizarre/Malignancy - Unexpected Awakening Of Impassive Mass/Frailty Of The Human Condition
Psychofagist's side of the split with Hybrid Viscery (Selfless Spite)

Old metal head here who is way out of touch.

Tonight I heard "Wings of a Butterfly" by HIM on the radio. I really like their sound and have their website running in the background.

Now I appeal to all you up to date metal experts, Who are some bands that are in that realm?

What I don't like are cookie monster vocals, every distortion effect ever created chained together and all instruments played through it all the time, pseudo satanic gobbledy gook, unintelligible vocals, or speed for speeds sake. I play bass so bad bass playing or muddied distorted bass is a big turn off as well.

I cut my teeth on Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Queensryche, Scorpions, and the metal of that era.

Got some bands Like HIM that I can check out via a website before dropping any coin?

Suggestions?

I wanted to get your recommendations on which Iron Maiden album to start with seeing as I have zero exposure to them.

As someone stated Piece of Mind, Powerslave, and Live after Death are a great place to start. Every IM CD has highlights and lowlights but those three have the fewest lowlights. IMHO.

Jim

Thanks Byrne

Nice suggestion. Doesn't move me like HIM does but they are close enough to warrant checking out.

Jim

Alright, so ... after listening to Bloodbath last night I decided to check out some old school Swedish death metal. I only got around to hearing Necrophobic (The Nocturnal Silence and Darkside) and Entombed (Left Hand Path & Clandestine) and I loved it. So what I would like is for you to recommend me some Old School Swedish death metal.

Status
Not open for further replies.