RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody know any good death metal along the lines of late-era Death and Necrophagist?

i couldnt think of two more different bands (well i could, but it adds a dash of drama to my statement).

Stargazer - The Scream that Tore the Sky (is immense. Get it, or regret it)
Atrocity - Todessehnsucht (Longing for Death)
Cruciform - Atavism (for the death / doom rec)

Décadent;5594976 said:
Disapointing that so many people think this.

Honestly, give it another spin. These things take TIME.

Yep, I though it was shit upon my first couple of listens, now I think it's really great.

I have two requests.

1. Stoner doom and/or Stoner metal similar to Wall of Sleep
2. Doom metal with "gang choruses" similar to the one in Reverend Bizarre - Doom Over The World.

1. Colour Haze and Madking Ludwig. Not exactly like Wall of Sleep, but the best stoner around.
2. Ogre's songs Colossus and Jaded Beast are kind of like that, so I recommend Ogre.

^listen to his stoner rec's, and then check out Mood simply because of their member similarity.

Edit: for more like Wall of Sleep though try Spirit Caravan, Internal Void, Penance... it's hard to pin-point their sound because of how they straddle stoner and traditional doom... the closest band besides Mood and Stereochrist would be Solace. Definately check them out.

Some good old school thrash..

Definatly some
D.R.I. any album of theirs..Thrash Zone or Four of a Kind is my favorite.
Municipal Waste is definatly a band i always listen to.

theres a good local band from Va Beach/Richmond called Blood Quest, they are into the 80's thrash scene.
give them a listen.

Kill 'Em All is definatly way better than St. Anger...

Those two reviews were done by noob reviewers who don't have even a fraction the credibility that vets like Alex, Ralf and Nathanael do.

Those two reviews were done by noob reviewers who don't have even a fraction the credibility that vets like Alex, Ralf and Nathanael do.

I wouldn't say noobs, simply people who are disposed to like stuff akin to Metallica's new output. You'll also notice that they like lots of hard rock and what not

I really need some bands that sound like samael, it has this great electronic, industrial element, along with a dark and evil feel to it.

I really need some bands that sound like samael, it has this great electronic, industrial element, along with a dark and evil feel to it.

Aborym
Mysticum
later Dodheimsgard
The Axis of Perdition
Zyklon

perhaps less industrial than later Samael, but if you like "Passage", then you will enjoy some of these bands.

Status
Not open for further replies.