RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Can someone recomend me some good collective soul and live songs.

2. I could use some rock bands with a harder edge like alice in chains meets soundgarden.

3. Recomend me some good oldschool punk with a significant degree of musicianship.

3. Recomend me some good oldschool punk with a significant degree of musicianship.

I only know a few of these bands, but they're recommended from a reliable source (The Miskatonic Foundation myspace):

Discharge, Broken Bones, Blitz, The Skeptix, The Varukers, Chaos UK, The Insane, Disorder, Poison Idea, The Fix, Siege, Infest, G.I.S.M., Lip Cream, Outo, Crow, Kuro, The Clay, Systematic Death, Death Side, Crazy Fucked Up Daily Life, Gauze, The Comes, Gudon, Confuse, Gai, Cruck etc. - 100% Brickwall real hardcore punk of the 80's - fuck ALL your shitty trends!!

Start with Discharge's Hear Nothing See Nothing Say Nothing - check out the reviews on metal archives.

1. Can someone recomend me some good collective soul and live songs.

2. I could use some rock bands with a harder edge like alice in chains meets soundgarden.

1. To where the river flows! :lol:
2. Burning Saviours, Colour Haze, Madking Ludwig, Orne, Ogre (more doom and 70's rock), Taint, Torche

Most of these are more metal influenced that rock, but I enjoy them.

punk isnt really the place to go for musicianship, its minimalistic and hence easy to play...though there are a few exceptions (black flag's guitarist was kind of virtuosic in a distinctly punk way)

anyway uh here, seeing as banned's list is more on the side of euro/crust stuff, here's the big american bands:

minor threat
black flag (first few albums)
bad brains (first few albums)
bad religion ('suffer' thru 'against the grain')
reagan youth
gorilla biscuits
dead kennedys
scream
negative approach
state of alert

tons more of course but theres a few...

Okay, I just found out about this album today, and just now heard it today but everyone here with any appreciation for good rap music should check out Miri Ben Ari - The Hip Hop Violinist.

Okay, I just found out about this album today, and just now heard it today but everyone here with any appreciation for good rap music should check out Miri Ben Ari - The Hip Hop Violinist.

I haven't heard that album, but I would expect it to be a gimmick or just not very good. What is it like? Is there vocals (rapping).

I recommend this soundtrack I am listening to, The Village - Original Soundtrack.

This soundtrack is very beautiful, classical music. I recommend this to anyone interested in good music.

I haven't heard that album, but I would expect it to be a gimmick or just not very good. What is it like? Is there vocals (rapping).

It is actually very good, rapping from serveral guest rappers, over some nice beats and the violin playing.

Think of the Wu-Tang Clan's song Reunited, pretty similar to that.

I would also recommend Busdriver and Del Tha Funkee Homosapien for those who appreciate good rap. Anything with Danger Mouse is also good - Dangerdoom and Gnarls Barkley especially.

Are their any bands like them that you know of? i cant seem to find any can match their sound or solo quality... make a list if needed (im a noob)

Status
Not open for further replies.