RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
A while ago I asked for extreme screaming, well, just extreme screaming doesn't really do it for me, so I'm asking now, do you know any songs with extremely emotional screaming? It should sound as if the singer died when recording that song. A good example I know is MUCC's Kuchiki No Tou, if anybody knows this song.
Please name specific songs, not bands or albums, I'm not willing to check whole bands out to see if they suit my taste.

Dark Tranquillity-The Gallery(Album or song, I'd get the whole album)
Khanate-Skin Coat (not emotional in the sence that you want, but Alan Dubin passed out on the floor while recording the vocals for the S/T)

speaking of Darkthrone, sometime I'd like to complete my Darkthrone collection

I already own:

A Blaze In The Northern Sky
Under A Funeral Moon
Transilvanian Hunger
Sardonic Wrath

which next two should I get?

Panzerfaust is my personal favorite actually. It combines first wave Celtic Frost-style black metal with second wave black metal perfectly.

Get Soulside Journey next, It's their only death metal album(more like dark metal really) and it's brilliant. Their pinnacle achievement imo.

I agree. Fenriz actually plays his drums!!!

As a guitarist I find the guitar playing to be pretty unique for a death metal album.

Ohiogrinder: I'm a fan of Doom and Amebix, is there any specific Deviated Instinct release I should look into? I know nothing of them.

yeah

Mordicus fucking rocks. I can't wait till dances from left is reissued.

Ohiogrinder: I'm a fan of Doom and Amebix, is there any specific Deviated Instinct release I should look into? I know nothing of them.

I had a couple downloaded demos, but I'm thinking of getting "Welcome To The Orgy"

relapse carries it. I believe its a compilation of all their demos.

Status
Not open for further replies.