RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh sure, I wouldn't trust my recommendation with a ten foot barge pole, my taste in metal and music in general is highly suspect, but I just can't take advice from someone that doesn't like Emperor

Killbot said:
Oh sure, I wouldn't trust my recommendation with a ten foot barge pole, my taste in metal and music in general is highly suspect, but I just can't take advice from someone that doesn't like Emperor

I like some Emperor, I just don't think they're as awesome as most people seem to. Likewise with Bathory - I wouldn't rush to the stereo to switch it off, but then again, I'd be unlikely to run to the CD rack to put it on...

I don't really like most of the BM I've heard. The extremely under produced sound seems to just put me off - I like raw production in thrash etc, but most of the BM I've heard comes across as generic, boring toss.

I like stuff that seems to straddle BM with other stuff - Immortal (thrash), Dissection (death/thrash) or the rare BM band like Mayhems earlier shit and Anaal Nathrakh

If you like In The Nightside Eclipse, I'd be surprised if you didn't like Pure Holocaust.

SOND is by no means a bad album. It's definitely farthest removed from true black metal, but it has some quality songs for sure. Not as good as some fanboys would have you believe, but not trash either. The main problem is the lack of variety. Not that any Immortal album has a whole lot of variety anyway. It gets boring hearing the same three or four chords for the entire album on SOND. Compare the opening riffs of One by One and Tyrants. Extremely similar other than the tempo. Still probably a 7/10 album.

If you like Finntroll the slightest bit, click the Battleheart picture in my sig and download their EP. Battleheart is -Gavin-'s (from the CoB board) band.

LadyValerie said:
If you like Finntroll the slightest bit, click the Battleheart picture in my sig and download their EP. Battleheart is -Gavin-'s (from the CoB board) band.

you almost sold it to me, except for the finntroll and likely CoB influences.

LadyValerie said:
Ignore them, they're gay and mad because I don't like listening to posers in make up.

I liked the EP, fyi :headbang:

Teh Grimarse said:
you should just make your sig "do it with ignorant cunt teens" forever, it's better than any of the others.
Thanks mate, I thought so too.:kickass:

I was kind of keen on "wank me off" too, though i.e. "Keep it real, wank me off"

World's finest ignorant cunt teens...heh

Almost as good as searching about slaves on google for school and getting "Find great deals on slaves on eBay!"

I just got Nevermores 'This Godless Endeavor' a while ago and I think it's great. I was thinking about ordering all of their CDs but I want to limit the order to just one or two for now.

Which two should I get?

Base Delta Zero said:
I just got Nevermores 'This Godless Endeavor' a while ago and I think it's great. I was thinking about ordering all of their CDs but I want to limit the order to just one or two for now.

Which two should I get?

The shortest two?

Status
Not open for further replies.