RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Filosofem is too fucken overhyped. The riffs are overly simplistic, filled with distortion and the keyboards and vocals suck donkey dicks.
It carries a nice atmosphere but fails disastrously in comparison to Hvis Lyset Tar Oss.

imo.

1. Haha hype.
2. Burzum's riffs have always been hyper-simplistic; the man couldn't technically play guitar for shit. He was good at creating melodies and writing songs, which is the opposite of what many people consider "complicated" (shred for example).
3. Oh good point I didn't know keyboard could suck donkey dick. Vocals either but that's a bit closer. Highly doubtful in any case.
4. No.

1. Haha hype.
2. Burzum's riffs have always been hyper-simplistic; the man couldn't technically play guitar for shit. He was good at creating melodies and writing songs, which is the opposite of what many people consider "complicated" (shred for example).
3. Oh good point I didn't know keyboard could suck donkey dick. Vocals either but that's a bit closer. Highly doubtful in any case.
4. No.

1.always mentioned as his best work, which couldn't be further from the truth.
2.I never said that he had any shreding abilities, but on the album I counted 3 riffs at most, repeated dozen of times.
3. :erk: beyond bad=sucking donkey dicks :Smug:
4.whatever you say chief.

I have the shadowland coming and hope it's good. I bought there can only be one and found it really generic nor did it really sound like swedish death metal. 'the shadowland' has different guitarists and vocalist so I'm hoping it is different. I remember the person comparing it to god macabre and old cemetary. I did not pay a lot so if it sucks oh well.

The Shadowland is good. Still generic as hell, but worthy enough. And you're right about There Can Only Be One; it sucks.

Recommend me something that sounds like Behemoth - Demigod.

The only thing I've found that sounds similar is The Amenta's release (which is really similar except without the crushing melodic leads).

I'd appreciate it :D

Where's a good place where I can compare the pros and cons of digital music players, namely the Creative Zen Vision and the most recent incarnation of the 30GB video iPod?

And what do all of you think of the aforementioned items?

cnet.com

search mp3 players and check out the editor reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.