RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recommend me some old school new wave melodic technical ambient death metal, but none of that growly "I want to rip your head off" stuff, I only want the goriest brughtal death metal with soft acoustic passages and clean singing, also it has to be fast pace downtempo flower power metal with soft emo passages...

Opeth? :lol:

Thanks for the recommendations...

Could someone recommend me some T-DM similar to old Sceptic (amazingly technical drumming, amazing solos, crushing breakdowns [not hardcore breakdowns lol])?

Thanks!

Recommend me some old school new wave melodic technical ambient death metal, but none of that growly "I want to rip your head off" stuff, I only want the goriest brughtal death metal with soft acoustic passages and clean singing, also it has to be fast pace downtempo flower power metal with soft emo passages...

Lykathea Aflame is for you, young lad.

Somebody please recommend me some meandering, kind of mellow instrumental stuff along the lines of the first two "Our Fortress Is Burning..." tracks off Ashes Against The Grain.

People should no longer be allowed to ask for death metal recommendations unless it's about a specific band. Seriously.

Or at least based on something slightly more descriptive than just "crushing death metal"...

I can understand "recommend me metal that sounds like X with Y and Z influences/characteristics" though.

Both albums are incredible, probably my favorite BM band at the moment. I have yet to get into Hades Almighty, how are their albums under that name?

Not nearly as good. In fact, just avoid them. The majestic feeling is gone, replaced by a cosmic type slant.

as for similar bands, you really should try Helheim's first two albums and their demo.

Nachtfalke is fairly similar, in that it's taking cues from Hammerheart yet using black metal stylee.

Geasa's "Fate's Lost Son", perhaps. Especially the "Starside" demo.

Belenos, maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.