RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
the POINT, miss missing the fucking point, is that THERE IS NO SUCH THING as "metal" or "emo". the only reason you like more "metal" bands than "emo" bands is because you've only given a chance to and decided to research bands that call themselves "metal". if you gave the same amount of credit to "emo" and researched "emo" bands, you'd find just as many, if not more, enjoyable albums and artists. BECAUSE THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A FUCKING "GENRE", AND RECOGNIZING THIS IS PART OF JUDGING A BAND BY NOTHING BUT THEIR OWN MERITS. THATS the point.

this argument can also be applied to "sub-genres" within any given "genre".

the POINT, miss missing the fucking point, is that THERE IS NO SUCH THING as "metal" or "emo". the only reason you like more "metal" bands than "emo" bands is because you've only given a chance to and decided to research bands that call themselves "metal". if you gave the same amount of credit to "emo" and researched "emo" bands, you'd find just as many, if not more, enjoyable albums and artists. BECAUSE THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A FUCKING "GENRE", AND RECOGNIZING THIS IS PART OF JUDGING A BAND BY NOTHING BUT THEIR OWN MERITS. THATS the point.

There ARE genres because they were fucking created. They helped shape the development of music, regardless of whether or not you think this was a negative influence. But to deny that genres in general exist is fucking retarded. Obviously the idea "Metal" isn't just floating out there as a physical fucking property, but it exists and is as real as any other abstract idea. Saying that "the only reason you like more "metal" bands than "emo" bands is because you've only given a chance to and decided to research bands that call themselves "metal" is another fine example of your blatant and unjustified generalizations, btw. You work under the impression that everyone, if they gave the same amount of time and effort to every genre, would find equal amounts to like about each, and if you don't see this as fucking absurd, then I can understand where all of your retarded thoughts about music and the world in general come from, but I'd hate to validate that point of view in any way.

if you gave the same amount of credit to "emo" and researched "emo" bands, you'd find just as many, if not more, enjoyable albums and artists. BECAUSE THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A FUCKING "GENRE", AND RECOGNIZING THIS IS PART OF JUDGING A BAND BY NOTHING BUT THEIR OWN MERITS.

blatantly hypocritical statements.

check.

obvious bias towards "emo" and stating opinion as fact.

check.

contradictory, absolutely retarded and WRONG statments.

check.

There ARE genres because they were fucking created. ... But to deny that genres in general exist is fucking retarded.

created by who?

i am very much asserting that genres are basically a mass delusion. i think this is a perfectly reasonable position to hold for someone who isn't affected by this delusion.

CASE IN FUCKING POINT no two people, at least no three people, can ever agree on what bands belong to what subgenres. SECOND CASE when n00bs listen to different "genres" they often cannot for the fucking life of them tell the difference. is this their ignorance or is it the fact that they aren't jaded yet, that they haven't yet subjected themselves to the (delusional) standards of the masses?

You work under the impression that everyone, if they gave the same amount of time and effort to every genre, would find equal amounts to like about each

if everyone was able to listen without any bias, yes, they absolutely would. people aren't unbiased, so they don't, but they would.

and if you don't see this as fucking absurd, then I can understand where all of your retarded thoughts about music and the world in general come from, but I'd hate to validate that point of view in any way.

AD HOM AD HOM FUCKING AD HOM GET SOME POINTS! SOON!

i'll give dodens credit in an argument because he has some kind of taste. but i just goddamn hate you.

I am beginning to think you are under the impression that I am an idiot with no tastes... I most likely have much better tastes than you, fact. I am willing to demonstrate this, actually...

btw, tastes ARE JUST A FIGMENT OF YOUR IMAGINATION, WITHOUT TASTES EVERYONE WOULD BE LISTENING TO emo influenced indie-core BANDS, THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN hawthorne heights and DARKTHRONE!!!111111 :cry: :cry: :cry:

created by who?

Of course there are people who ultimately coined the phrases, but genres form out of trends. People keep playing what other people before them have played, and it develops into a genre/subgenre.

i am very much asserting that genres are basically a mass delusion. i think this is a perfectly reasonable position to hold for someone who isn't affected by this delusion.

Appeal to one's own authority? Sorry, don't buy it.

CASE IN FUCKING POINT no two people, at least no three people, can ever agree on what bands belong to what subgenres. SECOND CASE when n00bs listen to different "genres" they often cannot for the fucking life of them tell the difference. is this their ignorance or is it the fact that they aren't jaded yet, that they haven't yet subjected themselves to the (delusional) standards of the masses?

None of this supports your argument, sorry.

if everyone was able to listen without any bias, yes, they absolutely would. people aren't unbiased, so they don't, but they would.

Okay, yes, you really are an egocentric if you think that everyone would have the same experience that you had when listening to music.

AD HOM AD HOM FUCKING AD HOM GET SOME POINTS! SOON!

It's not worth it to make many worthwhile points that require effort because you don't address them anyway and dance around them so as to keep your own argument intact, so no.

Actually I hope you don't respond because this is retarded. :erk:

People keep playing what other people before them have played, and it develops into...

stagnant monotony, hence my original(ish) post...

i think genres more often than anything else just lead to bands blatantly ripping off more talented (innovative) artists in an attempt to sell records to a pre-determined audience.

:D

that's really my point here.

Appeal to one's own authority? Sorry, don't buy it.

then you =
BigSheep_01.gif

sorry, guy.

None of this supports your argument

it most certainly does. you have yet to even make a counter statement. you've done nothing but contradict me, and not even specific contradiction. your entire argument is "no, stupid, genres DO exist cos someone created them DUH!". wtf.

Actually I hope you don't respond because this is retarded.

don't be scared.

stagnant monotony, hence my original(ish) post...

Do you really think that scapegoating the popular works of others wouldn't fucking exist if nobody ever formulated the idea of genres you stupid motherfucking idiot? Jesus fucking Christ, you're a dipshit. No offense, of course.

that's really my point here.

No, your points were:

1) DEEEEEEEER DERE R NO GENRERSERRRRRR
2) DEEEEEERE IF WE ALL LISTEN TO THE SAME MUSIC WITH THE SAME DEDICATION WE WOULD ALL LIKE THE SAME MUSIC

then you =
BigSheep_01.gif

sorry, guy.

You're a fucking MORON, god damn. FUCKING STUPID. HOLY SHIT. YOU ARE SO FUCKING DUMB. :cry: Genres are not a "delusion" because they actually "exist." So if your authority states otherwise, then your authority is INVALID. And none of this AT ALL has ANYTHING to do with HERD MENTALITY, you idiot.

it most certainly does. you have yet to even make a counter statement. you've done nothing but contradict me, and not even specific contradiction. you're entire argument is "no, stupid, genres DO exist cos someone created them DUH!". wtf.

1) No three people ever agree on what bands belong to what subgenres: source? proof? anything? no? Shut the fuck up. Not only is this NOT true, but it does not amount to evidence for your case BECAUSE IT IS COMPLETELY OUTSIDE THE REALM OF THE DIALOGUE. Idiot.
2) n00bs getting shit wrong: no shit? They're new to Metal. Of course they don't know what's going on. You call this proof? You're a fucking neanderthal if you think the ignorance of inexperienced listeners amounts to proof against the existence of an idea.
3) You haven't actually made an argument to really challenge you fucking butt. And if someone created something (which actually wasn't my argument, you shit), are you telling me that the creation doesn't exist? If you create a song, does it not exist? Creations don't exist? What the fuck? Isn't the point of creating something to make it exist?

don't be scared.

You're too stubborn and stupid to be intimidating or scary.

edit: in which manner are you speaking

did you think your pre-edit post was a stupid as i did?

what was that, Mozart, King Crimson, Deicide, and Behemoth?

that's your "im gonna pwn him!" list??

normally, when i post a :lol:, i'm not even really that amused, much less actually laughing out loud. now, i didn't laugh this time either, but i have never meant a :D and a :rolleyes: more in my life...

2) IF WE ALL LISTEN TO THE SAME MUSIC WITH THE SAME DEDICATION WE WOULD ALL LIKE THE SAME MUSIC

i still can't for the fucking life of me understand what your objection is to this statment. it's 110% absolutely undeniably true in every imaginable way. maybe i'd understand better if you'd actually make points instead of sputtering and cursing and generally acting very confused and basically in denial over your own intellectual shortcomings...

...and if you actually think this is any kind of refutation for what i said...

if someone created something are you telling me that the creation doesn't exist? If you create a song, does it not exist? Creations don't exist? What the fuck? Isn't the point of creating something to make it exist?

..then i'm kind of pissed, because i honestly thought you were intelligent enough to have this kind of existentialism-tinged conversation. i was apparantely very very very wrong. that makes me :( .

*walks in waving NOTHING EXISTS!!11! banner and threatening to delete all your posts if you don't STFU because while this argument is t3h funn4y it's still off-topyk!*

But you still like Ichorous, so it's OK!

(I still like you btw, now recommend some fuckin' music!)

The new Cephalotripsy and Fear My Thoughts albums are gr8. They are brutal death and melo-death, respectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.