RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderful.

What are some good Dimmu Borgir albums besides For All Tid, Stormblast and Death Cult Armageddon?

Spiritual Black Dimensions

but if you still like Deathcult, go ahead and try Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia.

Then there's always Enthrone Darkness Triumphant, which I strangely have yet to own.

Excellent. I was leaning that way to begin with, but now I shall go pick it up.

Also, how are Abigail and Fatal Portrait by King Diamond? In relation to Them and Conspiracy?

I would go.

1. Conspiracy
2. Abigail

but if you still like Deathcult, go ahead and try Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia.

Then there's always Enthrone Darkness Triumphant, which I strangely have yet to own.

I listened to PEM, but I didn't really like it much.

I like Dimmu Borgir because they were the first symphonic band with harsh vocals I listened to. And their music's pretty decent. :)

I never understood why people enjoy Dimmu Borgir, just one listen and I passed them off as a joke.

I always put them in the same category as My Chemical Romance really, kind of just guys who like makeup wayyy too much who decide singing about how bleak their future is is the best way to sell albums... weird that it works, people really hate themselves/life in general, its kind of sad...

havent listened to macabre for years and years, but i when i did, it was Sinister Slaughter. plus there is a guy over at HM.com, who has particularly similar tastes to you and recommends that album.

Cheers Dec, me old fruit. :kickass:

Dodens: get your own fucking catch phrases.:rolleyes:

I never understood why people enjoy Dimmu Borgir, just one listen and I passed them off as a joke.

I don't understand how you get taken seriously.

Spiritual Black Dimensions

I didn't much like PEM. The songs in DCA seem superior to everything else to me.

I enjoy stormblast and puritanical so far. I do not listen to them a lot but in a weird way Dimmu Borgir is not any more funny than any black metal band. On a side note Old Man's Child is much better than Dimmu Borgir.

Well I think we all want quality black metal without top hats.

They did away with the top hats over 5 years ago. They go for the spikey shin-guards these days. Hopefully they are getting more serious about their image.

Latest band photo:

dimmupic1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.