RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
the reason I am saying this is because I'm listening to possessed right now and the music is great, but the production is awful beyond awful

so tell me excellent thrash bands with somewhat decent 80s production (like metallica's first 4 albums) or that remastered their albums later on

edit: just tell me excellent thrash albums with good production

I like the production on that album. (Seven Churches, right?) I prefer low-fidelity 80's death/thrash because it feels more organic, and thrash is often missing that element.

Sodom is pretty good, if you haven't already checked them out. I'd get the "In the Sign of Evil/Obsessed by Cruelty" album.

I always thought Venom's early albums had pretty good production.

Dave. Dark Angel-Time Does Not Heal. You would love it. Good production, tons of great riffs, etc. Bay area thrash, exactly what you are looking for.

I mention Dark Angel so much because they are the best of the few thrash bands I listen to (Kreator, Sodom, Slayer, 'Tallica, and of course Dark Angel).

Its all I have to offer :p

my favorite thrash album right now is exodus - bonded by blood

man that album kicks ass

thanks for the recs however

Yeah, I was just listening to their song "Metal Command" off of Bonded by Blood, kickass :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I have just started listening to some Overkill, which is a band similar to those you listed

also, check out Venom - Black metal, which was reissued

Another request. Does anyone know any really really heavy bands? Not as in most hardcore/evil sounding, but as in the sounds of their instruments is so deep and powerful sounding that most speakers can't handle it.
Deeds Of Flesh
Resection
Perimeter (Rus)
Grenouer (Rus)

Can anyone recommend me anything in the same vein as Coroner's later albums? ie. Grin, Mental Vortex & self titled. I of the Storm referred to it as Intelligent Atmospheric Post-Thrash, that seems like a decent description.

Status
Not open for further replies.