RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone recommend me anything in the same vein as Coroner's later albums? ie. Grin, Mental Vortex & self titled. I of the Storm referred to it as Intelligent Atmospheric Post-Thrash, that seems like a decent description.
Whoa, when did i say that?
Nothing really sounds like late Coroner but here are 5 +1 albums that you might really enjoy if you like that sound. All have similarities in atmosphere, melodies, song structure approach and a fair amount of being a little bit lunatic.

Psychotic Waltz - A Social Grace
Mekong Delta - Visions Fugitives
Depressive Age - Lying In Wait
Anacrusis - Scream And Whispers
Sore Plexus - Haptephobic
Vauxdvihl - To Dimension Logic

All these can be easily found on e-bay, if not on e-stores. If you want further descriptions on these, let me know, simple band/album droping is usually of no help and i almost hate it.

The last one ("To Dimension Logic") is not thrash at all, but still progressive, dark and with that slight "industrial" feeling that "Grin" has.

Whoa, when did i say that?

Ooops, actually I think it may have been someone else.

Nothing really sounds like late Coroner but here are 5 +1 albums that you might really enjoy if you like that sound. All have similarities in atmosphere, melodies, song structure approach and a fair amount of being a little bit lunatic.

Psychotic Waltz - A Social Grace
Mekong Delta - Visions Fugitives
Depressive Age - Lying In Wait
Anacrusis - Scream And Whispers
Sore Plexus - Haptephobic
Vauxdvihl - To Dimension Logic

All these can be easily found on e-bay, if not on e-stores. If you want further descriptions on these, let me know, simple band/album droping is usually of no help and i almost hate it.

The last one ("To Dimension Logic") is not thrash at all, but still progressive, dark and with that slight "industrial" feeling that "Grin" has.

Excellent, I'm familiar with none of those, so I'll do some hunting. I'll let you know if I need any further descriptions. Thanks very much. :)

my favorite thrash album right now is exodus - bonded by blood

man that album kicks ass

thanks for the recs however

Bonded By Blood is the only great Exodus imo. I find Exodus to be one of the most overrated bands. Old kreator,sodom and destruction kills bonded by blood regardless.

Bonded By Blood is the only great Exodus imo. I find Exodus to be one of the most overrated bands. Old kreator,sodom and destruction kills bonded by blood regardless.

Bonded By Blood beats pretty much every other Thrash album of the era. The rest of their catalogue is mediocre with from bright spots to downright shit.

I did a google search nothing came up. did you spell it right?

I'm going to look her up tonight when everyone is sleeping and you know... so tomorrow I will send you pics. I have photobucket which is where the hottest females go.

Has anyone bought the re-release of Meshuggah's "Nothing" album? If so is it noticeably better than the original? Apparently they've re-recorded all the guitars, remixed it and done a bunch of other stuff to it.

Umm... Actually, I tried really hard to hear any difference between the original and re-release and didn't have any luck. Some people say there's a difference though. But I can say for sore - it's not that noticeable.

Umm... Actually, I tried really hard to hear any difference between the original and re-release and did have any luck. Some people say there's a difference though. But I can say for sore - it's not that noticeable.

Cool, I thought that might be the case. I'll probably leave it alone. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.