RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
can someone recommed me thrash metal bands similar to late testament. ive tried sodom, destruction, kreator but none stand up due to the poor vocals imho.

can someone recommed me thrash metal bands similar to late testament. ive tried sodom, destruction, kreator but none stand up due to the poor vocals imho.

Perhaps Sepultura? But I don't know why you think the vocals are poor, though. because quite frankly, I detest the Hetfield type vocals in Thrash. Shouts, Screams, Proto-Death Metal type of vocals are the best kind of Thrash.

Anyway, try all of Sepultura's albums upto Chaos AD (They started sucking bad after that).

Btw, can anyone recommend me some Symphonic Black Metal (besides Emperor, I already am a fan)? Just those bands with somewhat OK production, I don't want any with really bad production.

testament
slayer
megadeth
overkill
sabbat
exciter
exodus

if anyone could point me to a sodom torrent that would be great

Perhaps Sepultura? But I don't know why you think the vocals are poor, though. because quite frankly, I detest the Hetfield type vocals in Thrash. Shouts, Screams, Proto-Death Metal type of vocals are the best kind of Thrash.

Anyway, try all of Sepultura's albums upto Chaos AD (They started sucking bad after that).

Btw, can anyone recommend me some Symphonic Black Metal (besides Emperor, I already am a fan)? Just those bands with somewhat OK production, I don't want any with really bad production.

Try out limbonic art for some great symphonic black metal, other than that I don't know any other good symphonic black metal.

Listen to me.

Really.

Painful Memories - Memorial To Suffering is a minor classic. Russian band records demo in 1996 - but releases it now. Sounds like Amorphis - Tales from..., only doomier, and with a sizeable Greg Mackintosh Paradise Lost guitar sound circa Icon kinda vibe.

Wonderful stuff, tbh.

Try out limbonic art for some great symphonic black metal, other than that I don't know any other good symphonic black metal.

I second this recommendation. Also check out Morker and Hellveto.

Early ...and Oceans is some of the best symph-black stuff to ever exist. Also try out Alghazanth.

Thanks for the Recommedations.

I'm looking for some black metal along the lines of early Gorgoroth (Pentagram, Antichrist...). Anything that resembles (but doesn't blatantly rip off) either of those two albums would be perfect. Any ideas?

Hobbs Angel of Death any good?

hobbs_angel_of_death.jpg

Not as I recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.