RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like tech/prog death metal as the bands aren't restricted at all in what they can do so you get some very creative bands (like augury and necrophagist<< I only like their 1st album though)

I like tech/prog death metal as the bands aren't restricted at all in what they can do so you get some very creative bands (like augury and necrophagist<< I only like their 1st album though)

You say that you only like the first Necrophagist? I'm the opposite. Well not quite, as I do somewhat enjoy their first album, but I think the latter stuff is worlds better.

You say that you only like the first Necrophagist? I'm the opposite. Well not quite, as I do somewhat enjoy their first album, but I think the latter stuff is worlds better.

I HATED epitaph. It was nowhere near as explosive or as engaging as Onset of putrefaction, it sounded more like robots playing a guitar/drum/bass solo than a group of cohesive musicians (if that makes sense)

ok......so I already like all the bands that have been mentioned so far except for Vortex (it's hard to remember everything I like sometimes), which I haven't listened to yet.

Necrophagist's recorded stuff is pretty good; I don't listen to it all that often, but they are really awesome live.

I HATED epitaph. It was nowhere near as explosive or as engaging as Onset of putrefaction, it sounded more like robots playing a guitar/drum/bass solo than a group of cohesive musicians (if that makes sense)

Indeed. Totally agree. Shit album. Onset... owns!

Would you call The Human Abstract progressive metalcore?

Basically, yes.

onset is an amazing album, they somehow manage to fuse neoclassical + death metal and have a product that is very brutal, catchy, fairly melodic, and just a whole lot of fun to listen to. Some of the solos on there awesome, and they don't sound like malmsteen's solos (in which he just tries to play as Uber technical as possible)

So :) With my tax money I'm going to be buying one of the 2 orders I have set up in my head from Candlelight.

In The Woods... - Heart of the Ages (10)
^ - Omnio (10)
^ - Strange in Stereo (10)

OR

Primordial - Imrama/A Journey's End (2 discs sold as one unit) (11)
^ - Spirit The Earth Aflame (11)
^ - Storm Before Calm (11)

Which order should I make D: and are Candlelight USA fast?

Nothing, I love them, but they're neither prog death nor tech death. They're clearly progressive metalcore. It's obvious.

Obviously, but they transcend the typical stigma of being a metalcore band.

Hell Awaits Us All said:

Even though Onset... involved a drum machine and was made entirely by one person?

Obviously, but they transcend the typical stigma of being a metalcore band.

Indeed, they do.

Even though Onset... involved a drum machine and was made entirely by one person?

No, he's actually fucking right, despite that sounding like merely another bigdave-ism...it's my belief, also, that Epitaph sounds more mechanical and forced than Onset... which is just hilarious and ironic given the circumstances!!

So :) With my tax money I'm going to be buying one of the 2 orders I have set up in my head from Candlelight.

In The Woods... - Heart of the Ages (10)
^ - Omnio (10)
^ - Strange in Stereo (10)

OR

Primordial - Imrama/A Journey's End (2 discs sold as one unit) (11)
^ - Spirit The Earth Aflame (11)
^ - Storm Before Calm (11)

Which order should I make D: and are Candlelight USA fast?

I don't know how fast they are but I would definitely go with In the Woods. Omnio is one of my favorite albums of all time. It's a true masterpiece.

Actually, I don't like Necrophagist much at all but I FUCKING LOVE Only Ash Remains. Easily their best song, if not their only good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.