RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, he's actually fucking right, despite that sounding like merely another bigdave-ism...it's my belief, also, that Epitaph sounds more mechanical and forced than Onset... which is just hilarious and ironic given the circumstances!!

Strangely enough. Maybe Muhammed Suicmez does better when he doesn't have the pesky ideas of other musicians. :rolleyes:

On topic:

Thoughts on Fireball Ministry?

Best Motorhead album excepting Ace of Spades?

I need some depressive, raw black metal stat!
Elhaz - Malemort
Grimlair - L'appel De La Nuit Funeste
Mutiilation - Remains of a Ruined, Dead, Cursed Soul
Silencer - Death, Pierce
Make A Change... Kill Yourself - Make A Chаnge... Kill Yourself
Bann - Antiochia
Mortifera - Vastiia Tenebrd Mortifera
Elysian Blaze
Forgotten Tomb
Belenos
Marblebog

Recommend me some Instrumental Metal.
Apocalyptica. They are awesome. Metalheads who play cellos. They also work with Dave Lombardo (Slayer's drummer) and Mikko Siren (great independed drummer). They've made great instrumental covers on Metallica too. I've seen them live, trust me, they kick asses.
You can hear them here - http://myspace.com/apocalyptica

Also check out Judas Iscariot - Heaven in Flames. A half of the album is instrumental.

Weird request, but does anyone know any bands who have used "Video game" themes in their songs similiar to

Eternal Tears of Sorrow - Aurora Borealis (Zelda)

:) Would be pretty funny to listen to some other video game themed songs :)

Aurora Borealis actually a kickass song too :headbang:

I'm looking for some heavy metal with harsh vocals. And I'm not talking about CoB type stuff. I just discovered a band called Ambehr, and they are a good example of what I'm looking for.

I don't know that band, but maybe Devil Lee Rot and Heathen Hoof are what you're after. And earlier Goat Horn (namely Storming The Gates). Give them a listen and if that's what you're looking for, I'll try to think of some more.

Weird request, but does anyone know any bands who have used "Video game" themes in their songs similiar to

Eternal Tears of Sorrow - Aurora Borealis (Zelda)

:) Would be pretty funny to listen to some other video game themed songs :)

Aurora Borealis actually a kickass song too :headbang:
HORSE the Band

Don't know if it's similar to that song because I've never heard that song, but HORSE the Band are very video game oriented, using video game music and lyrics based on characters like Cutman about the Mega Man boss.

Apocalyptica. They are awesome. Metalheads who play cellos. They also work with Dave Lombardo (Slayer's drummer) and Mikko Siren (great independed drummer). They've made great instrumental covers on Metallica too. I've seen them live, trust me, they kick asses.
You can hear them here - http://myspace.com/apocalyptica

Gah, I mention looking for metal bands with interesting use of instruments and no one brings them up. They kick so much ass, are there any other awesome bands with interesting instrument use that you guys have been hiding from me?

Gah, I mention looking for metal bands with interesting use of instruments and no one brings them up. They kick so much ass, are there any other awesome bands with interesting instrument use that you guys have been hiding from me?

What kind of instruments? I always love me some Turisas when I want some sweet folk metal :)

Trumpets/Flutes etc. very good shit.

any non-standard instruments really as long as they're used well and fit in with the metal sound. Already explored a lot of folk metal like Turisas, Korpiklaani, In Extremo, and many others. Just curious if there are any bands like this Cello Metal band Apocalyptica who really do things differently, or maybe some Folk Metal bands thave have really interesting instrument choices (Like how In Extremo has 2 bag pipes and a harp). I like weird music and I like metal.

Status
Not open for further replies.