RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tales Of Terror is a classic, and Death And Insanity is very good as well. Monument has some very good tracks, but is a bit hit and miss.

can anyone suggest me some bands similar to candlemass & pentagram's anatolia? the vocals are just ... perfect!

Can someone recommend me bands with singers similar to Rainer Landfermann on Bethlehem's "Dictius Te Necare"?
Also the female vocals in the song "The mistaken one part. II (Geography is just a symptom)" from Overmars are great.
So its should be some of this sick desperate screaming style.

Rainer's best ever work is in his band Pavor as bassist. :p His performance in Bethlehem always rules too, but his bass skills in Pavor are just immaculate.

But for people with similar vocals, try the band Deinonychus' early albums.

The most desparate, hideous female vocalist ever is Ozma from Thorr's Hammer. However, she has a new project with James Plotkin called Khlyst which deserves a look. ambient + free jazz + absolutely possessed vocals = awesome.

I need more technical and/or progressive death metal. I already like:

Pavor
Anata
Augury
Odious Mortem
Gorod
Neglected Fields
Theory In Practice
In Vain
Vehemence
Sulaco
The Faceless
Amoral
Harakiri
Virulence
Kronos
Visceral Bleeding
Cenotaph
Non Human Level
Lykathea Aflame
Martyr
Electro Quarterstaff
Atheretic
Emeth
Necrophagist
Psycroptic
Amok
Pillory
Mephistopheles
Dominion
Scythe
Farmakon

Definitely Neuraxis, such an incredible band.

Since you mentioned Augury I'm going to have to throw out UneXpect. They are like Augury but infinitely better. I think Augury must have sat in on a few early UneXpect sessions, because the similarity in ideas is really uncanny.

Also check out:

Cephalic Carnage
Gorguts
Textures
Gojira

Status
Not open for further replies.