RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no tech death album or brutal death metal album as interesting as The Karelian Isthmus and Tales From The Thousand. END

There is no tech death album or brutal death metal album as interesting as The Karelian Isthmus and Tales From The Thousand. END

In your opinion. To me, there is no Amorphis album, period, that even begins to compare to a Neuraxis album. I'd only call Tales from the Thousand Lakes a pretty decent album. Elegy is the only great Amorphis album. Tuonela has a couple great songs, but most of the album ends up sounding to samey.

My top 3 death metal albums:

1. Neuraxis - Trilateral Progression
2. Cryptopsy - None So Vile
3. Gorguts - Obscura

the red in the sky is ours!

ive never heard neuraxis, but you've got it all wrong as far as amorphis goes. tales + karelian isthmus dominate. in fact, im going to listen to one of them now.

A few days ago, another forum I go to had a best album of Amorphis discussion and everyone said Elegy while I was the odd man out for even mentioning Tales from the Thousand Lakes. In fact, the album was insulted by a few of the members. The Karelian Isthmus wasn't even mentioned, as the forum members didn't even consider it to be worthy of a mention. Now I see the same discussion here and it's the complete opposite. Kind of bizarre.

Actually it will probably be more scene-posturing poser bullshit, but OK.

you guys with your fucking scenester/poser bullshit again. Is it high school all over again?? grow up

In your opinion. To me, there is no Amorphis album, period, that even begins to compare to a Neuraxis album. I'd only call Tales from the Thousand Lakes a pretty decent album. Elegy is the only great Amorphis album. Tuonela has a couple great songs, but most of the album ends up sounding to samey.

3. Gorguts - Obscura

obscura and trilateral rock, don't care much for none so vile tho

my top 3 would probably be

1)morbid angel - blessed are the sick
2)death - the sound of perseverence
3)dismember - indecent and obscene

A few days ago, another forum I go to had a best album of Amorphis discussion and everyone said Elegy while I was the odd man out for even mentioning Tales from the Thousand Lakes. In fact, the album was insulted by a few of the members. The Karelian Isthmus wasn't even mentioned, as the forum members didn't even consider it to be worthy of a mention. Now I see the same discussion here and it's the complete opposite. Kind of bizarre.

Was it by any chance this forum?

Since when has Amorphis ever played brutal or tech death? :err:
Really, any comparison of Amorphis to other styles of death metal can't be accurate in terms of deciding which is better since the argument will only degrade into endless bickering about differences in personal preference of style, which is quite pointless.

Really, any comparison of Amorphis to other styles of death metal can't be accurate in terms of deciding which is better since the argument will only degrade into endless bickering about differences in personal preference of style, which is quite pointless.

Which is fun and totally rewarding in the sense that it's a constant never-ending fountain of fun. Pointless argumentation = the gift that keeps giving. :kickass:

3. Gorguts - Obscura

That list sucks (except for Obscura of course) for a best of. Early Scandinavian Death Metal >>>>>> All Canadian Death Metal (though I do enjoy alot of Quebec DM, Neuraxis included, just not near as much as the former). Also Tales and Privilege of Evil are by far the best Amorphis releases.

In regards to TRITSIO as a technical dm album I'd say it's a bit iffy. The songs themselves aren't that technical to actually play riff for riff but the real complexity comes into play with the interweaving counterpoint based riffing coupled with complex song structures. Either way though, amazing album.

Status
Not open for further replies.