4. Molested - Blod Draum
5. Traumatic Voyage - Traumatized

Mine :eek:

1. Demigod - Slumber of Sullen Eyes
2. God Macabre - The Winterlong
3. Adramelech - Psychostasia
4. Necrophobic - The Nocturnal Silence
5. Unleashed - Where No Life Dwells/Crypt of Kerberos - World of Myths

Can someone recommend me some good modern death metal? Bands like mithras, drawn and quartered, decapitated (first 2 albums) or anything brutal, technical as long as it has a good production.
Definitely check out Disavowed and Inveracity. Pillory, Amok (Switzerland), and Beneath the Massacre might also fit the bill.

Zos kia cultus is good for newer modern death metal but I got sick of it very fast because the production. I guess I am just not really into newer polished death metal. Behemoth's follow up Demigod just sounds like left overs and people make it out to be some masterpiece.

Zos kia cultus is good for newer modern death metal but I got sick of it very fast because the production. I guess I am just not really into newer polished death metal. Behemoth's follow up Demigod just sounds like left overs and people make it out to be some masterpiece.

Do you like the older gritty production of bands like grave and such? I always liked that production a lot as well, really adds a lot of crushing heaviness and overall dark atmosphere. However I also like clean polished production such a behemoth as well :headbang:

I like older gritty average natural sounding production jobs that somewhat resemble what instruments sound like if you were just playing. I do like some modern well produced albums but once drums sound clicky and like a type writer an album gets ruined.

You can't write off subgenres like that, because taste is totally subjective. I personally hate power metal but I'm not going to say a power metal fan is wrong when they like Blind Guardian more than Cryptopsy. I like Cryptopsy more but I'm not right, there is no right.

Brutal death metal does not sound musically coherent nor are the songs distinguishable enough from each other for me. I don't find palm mutes for 30 minutes with notes and tremolo picking inbetween to be appealing especially when the muting and notes sound random. I don't hear harmony which I believe makes songs sound different and individual parts stand out.

Yes just tried out that in-quest album and honestly it didn't do anything for me, it sounds too much like new aborted with the vocals and the kinda melo-death riffs, is their old stuff any better?

hahaha, Polished, HAAHAHAHAA....

that album rules, though. The production is perfect for that album :ill:

Status
Not open for further replies.