RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
teh geys, check out Insision - Revealed and Worshipped

swedish brutal death metal, heavy as fuck

I bought beneath the folds of flesh a few years ago selling it because I became bored of it really fast nor found it anything classic. I also heard most of the second album and was not impressed. If you think it's so great upload a song and I will listen.

Mine :eek:

1. Demigod - Slumber of Sullen Eyes
2. God Macabre - The Winterlong
3. Adramelech - Psychostasia
4. Necrophobic - The Nocturnal Silence
5. Unleashed - Where No Life Dwells/Crypt of Kerberos - World of Myths

:mad:

.. you forgot something!!!

Brutal death metal does not sound musically coherent nor are the songs distinguishable enough from each other for me. I don't find palm mutes for 30 minutes with notes and tremolo picking inbetween to be appealing especially when the muting and notes sound random. I don't hear harmony which I believe makes songs sound different and individual parts stand out.

I'm not THAT into bdm. Mostly stuff like Cryptopsy. I don't think Cryptopsy falls into the trap you mentioned. I can discern harmonies in their music pretty easily, but it's the rhythm section that really impresses me in that outfit.

I'm not THAT into bdm. Mostly stuff like Cryptopsy. I don't think Cryptopsy falls into the trap you mentioned. I can discern harmonies in their music pretty easily, but it's the rhythm section that really impresses me in that outfit.

I don't see Cryptopsy as brutal death metal and can hear harmony. I respect cryptopsy and they are great musicians but everything after None So Vile has wank that does not go anywhere imo plus the hardcore vocals suck. Obviously death metal is going to be brutal and I think that goes with the term but when people say brutal death metal think of bands like Devourment,etc.. and brutal death metal bands from texas and cali, texas death metal musicians are horrible and california for death metal is also pretty much worthless as far as I know except for when possessed and autopsy came out. I don't even like linking brutal death metal with death metal because it is just horrendous music.

Any bands that mix metal with jazz or country? I think it would be interesting to hear how it comes out, could even be good if done really well.

I don't see Cryptopsy as brutal death metal and can hear harmony. I respect cryptopsy and they are great musicians but everything after None So Vile has wank that does not go anywhere imo plus the hardcore vocals suck. Obviously death metal is going to be brutal and I think that goes with the term but when people say brutal death metal think of bands like Devourment,etc.. and brutal death metal bands from texas and cali, texas death metal musicians are horrible and california for death metal is also pretty much worthless as far as I know except for when possessed and autopsy came out. I don't even like linking brutal death metal with death metal because it is just horrendous music.

Yeah, Cryptopsy after None So Vile isn't that hot. I think Mike DeSalvo is a ridiculously terrible vocalist. I liked the newest Cryptopsy though. Once Was Not. Not as much as None So Vile but WAY better than Whisper Supremacy and all that jazz.

I have Enslaved 'Ruun' and am curious where to go next, maybe narrow down 3 albums.

I found them generic and almost crappy. Funebre-children of the scorn is far superior finnish death metal. I am surprised Malignance does not think to highly of this album.

Seriously? Give it a proper listen. It's an extremely subtle, original piece of Death Metal. Very, very far from being generic. I'm not a big fan of Children of the Scorn; it's not bad, it's just sloppy, has lackluster songwriting and does very little for me.

Zos kia cultus is good for newer modern death metal but I got sick of it very fast because the production. I guess I am just not really into newer polished death metal. Behemoth's follow up Demigod just sounds like left overs and people make it out to be some masterpiece.

demigod is quite excellent though nowhere near as good as zkc

the production on ZKC is fuckin' perfect. So heavy, so thick/deep

an album that attempts to be "brutal" needs to have perfect prediction

demigod is quite excellent though nowhere near as good as zkc

the production on ZKC is fuckin' perfect. So heavy, so thick/deep

an album that attempts to be "brutal" needs to have perfect prediction

My problems with the production more has to do with the drums. I find a lot of modern death metal cds to have very annoying clicky drum sounds and some drummers go way to overboard with triggers and drum sound. Morbid Angel 'Domination' has a well produced modern death metal sound that I really like. If you like heavy guitars and great production check that album out, some sweet guitar harmonics and tone.

but it's the rhythm section that really impresses me in that outfit.

Flo Mournier is a fucking insane drummer, too. :worship:

NinjaGeek said:
Any bands that mix metal with jazz or country? I think it would be interesting to hear how it comes out, could even be good if done really well.

Atheist and Cynic are good jazz metal; Cynic has more of an electronic bent and Atheist emulates the organic free-form jazz style, so it's an interesting dichotomy between the two bands.

For country, folk metal is about the closest you'll find, or some Southern hard rock bands like Brand New Sin or related bands.

Seriously? Give it a proper listen. It's an extremely subtle, original piece of Death Metal. Very, very far from being generic. I'm not a big fan of Children of the Scorn; it's not bad, it's just sloppy, has lackluster songwriting and does very little for me.

Everytime I listen to Children of the Scorn I get a feeling as if the album really doesn't go any where. It's all pretty solid stuff, but it just doesn't have much of a foundation or any real "stand out" moments. I'd say it's an averege album.

Status
Not open for further replies.