RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reco Benighted (FRA)

I got their 2006 album "Identisick" burnt off a mate, and it fucking slays in the car.

Brutal death with some headbanging groove, they mix things up, add other little styles in here and there but never stray from the path to much to upset the feeling throughout.

:headbang:

Usually I try to find some of the more obscure sub-genres of metal, but now I'm going for stuff a bit more standard. Not very good at descriptions but if I like Meshuggah, Bloodbath, and Behemoth who else would you you recommend?
The Amenta
Scarve
Unleashed
Dismember
Bolt Thrower
Fleshcrawl
Non Human Level
Textures
Gizmachi
Coprofago
Dies Irae (Pol)
Fredrik Thordendal's Special Defects
Into the Moat
Kronos (Fra)

Usually I try to find some of the more obscure sub-genres of metal, but now I'm going for stuff a bit more standard. Not very good at descriptions but if I like Meshuggah, Bloodbath, and Behemoth who else would you you recommend?

Decapitated - Organic Hallucinosis

I am looking for some recent death metal (no shitty brutal death metal, and I am not really looking for anything super duper technical)

- very heavy
- polished, heavy, powerful production
- good songwriting
- good vocals

Bloodbath: nightmares made flesh
Incantation: primordial domination
Demiurg: breath of the demiurg
Unleashed: midvinterblot

I find Vader and Decapitated very boring but both might be something you might like.

On Metallica, Kirk Hammet was a great lead guitarist in the 80's that is still overrated. Lars Johansson from Candlemass and the guys from Mercyful Fate and King Diamond destroy him and mustaine combined.

I am looking for some recent death metal (no shitty brutal death metal, and I am not really looking for anything super duper technical)

- very heavy
- polished, heavy, powerful production
- good songwriting
- good vocals

try pitbulls in the nursery, they are kinda technical but not necrophagist technical and have a very powerful production as well as strong death growls.

what is some great catchy heavy/power/speed metal like judas priest???

The most popular traditional Speed/Power bands are Gamma Ray, Grave Digger, Hammerfall, Edguy, Iron Savior, Freedom Call, Primal Fear, Helloween. I have listed them in order of my personal preference.

If you are looking for something extremely catchy, with riffs and choruses that keep running in your mind, Gamma Ray is the ideal band. Kai Hansen is a genius, check out every Gamma Ray album except their first 3 (too boring/sucked)

Status
Not open for further replies.