RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
C'mon, I need recommendations! 1 so far? Pathetic.

Whilst you're at it, which is the best Unleashed album?

This recommendation may not be good because I knoewneither of the bands you mentioned, but I looked around and maybe you can look into Emeth. Sorry if the recommendation sucks; I'm normally a really good recommender :lol:

On that note, I'm still waiting to hear more Therion-esque recommendations. The closest I've gotten is Haggard (still haven't heard much of them yet, though).

Btw Ed, try Summoning if you haven't heard them already. They have a similar "ambient metal" sound to Agalloch, though the whole Tolkien soundtrackish theme kinda gets on my nerves. Melodies aside, I think they're damn similar, though. I must note that I've only listened to two of their albums - Dol Goldur and Oath Bound. I thought Dol Goldur was utter crap, but Oath Bound (their latest) was much more refined and interesting.

It's kind of funny that I'm recommending a band that I was just recommended a few days ago, and have only spent like 2 hours listening to. Oh well.

So you've concluded that one of their albums is crap only by listening to it once?:erk: Re:Summoning's-it's the other way around, though,Oath Bound isn't really crap. just "a been there, done that" affair. Tedious. I've become tired of their consistency.

Emeth is FUCKING NOTHING like D&Q or Incantation. They're more like technical death. Which has nothing to do with those bands at all...wtf?

Anyway, check out Fragments of Unbecoming, who sound like a more melodic version of some old-school death. Especially Sterling Black Icon - Chapter III - Black But Shining, because it's much more DM-sounding.

Otherwise, maybe try out Fleshcrawl's newer stuff.

Emeth is FUCKING NOTHING like D&Q or Incantation. They're more like technical death. Which has nothing to do with those bands at all...wtf?

Anyway, check out Fragments of Unbecoming, who sound like a more melodic version of some old-school death. Especially Sterling Black Icon - Chapter III - Black But Shining, because it's much more DM-sounding.

Otherwise, maybe try out Fleshcrawl's newer stuff.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm being really silly today. I recommended him a band, without having heard the bands he liked. lololol my bad...

You remind me of a friend of mine - sends me hundreds of songs saying "what do you think of this"? and of course they all suck, the poor fellow.

Well, they are for Vihris, so...It wasn't really meant for anyone else. Of course a pure BM fellow like yourself isn't going to like Symphonic BM so I wouldn't waste my time.

Status
Not open for further replies.