RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm certain that those people who haven't heard Nemesis Divina or Satyricon in general are those who in light of elitists' backlash against them, will never want to. Sure, they're not fucking Varathron, but only a handful few can compete with these Greek titans(from the bands I've heard none are better though:). What I'm trying to say is that I don't quite understand why so many people frown upon Satyricon. I don't find their music to be devoid of feeling. It's actually quite spirited. I suppose it's only due to the fact that they haven't brought anything new into BM . End of rant.

i wouldnt necessarily say people frown upon them just because of the comments and opinions of people who you could call "black metal elitists". i for one, didnt check them out for years - simply because no one had ever really recommended them. i didnt have an opinion of them in any way, shape or form.

a couple of years ago, i listened to 'nemesis divina' once - never listened to it again, because it didnt really click with me at the time. it wasnt bad, just nothing all that impressive. then only fairly recently i listened to 'dark medieval times' and 'shadowthrone'. DMT was enjoyable and i have listened to it a few times since. shadowthrone, i found cheesy and boring. i havent listened to anything else, and from what i understand it probably isnt worth listening too.

Weltanschauung totally rules. Amazing album, possibly the best of '05. I never got into NeChrist. It was a major disappointment compared to Weltanschauung. It did seem awfully dense, so I may need to devote more time to it.

I enjoy most of Nokturnal Mortum's output, particularly Weltanshauung, Goat Horns and The Taste of Victory, but I always thought Lunar Poetry was pretty weak. It's probably been at least two and a half years since I've given it a spin, though; so I guess with a such a comment I'll have to pull it out of the collection. Nechrist and To the Gates... are both solid. Overall, one of the better modern black metal bands.

I do not see why a black metal fan would not love it. The album is not trendy or symphonic garbage nor does not have tribute celtic frost riffs(not going to mention the band), plus it has David Parland from Necrophobic on second guitars.

Yeah, and Themgoroth is a better BM vocalist than Emperor Caligula.

Testament 8th Feb
Suffocation 15th
Blind Guardian 16th
(melb dates)

I bought me suffocation ticket, and im going to get me slayer one now...
I want to go to Testament but it's a bit close to suffo, i probably will, but i will miss blind guardian, i only know middle earth so bwah.

Know some really good Crossover bands besides Ludichrist and Municipal Waste (I like those two Crossover bands a lot)?

hmm a few from the top of my head.. other people here should know more:

Wehrmacht
Cerebral Fix
Cro Mags
Crumbsuckers
D.R.I.
Cryptic Slaughter
Dead Brain Cells
also The Accused

can someone post some torrent links to some really good death/grind, i asked for recommendations a couple pages back but the only bands i could find stuff for was devourment...and they are :kickass:

ps. the solo on deicide's "the stench of redemption" is absolutely fucking phenominal!

can someone post some torrent links to some really good death/grind, i asked for recommendations a couple pages back but the only bands i could find stuff for was devourment...and they are :kickass:
Glad you like Devourment! I don't have any links but other good bands of the style include Cephalotripsy, Digested Flesh, Inhuman Dissiliency, Guttural Secrete, and Heinous Killings

Anyone know any good melodic tech death similar to Neuraxis-Trilateral Progression or Quo Vadis-Defiant Imagination?

Most Thrash > over Testament

I have never been a fan of Testament.

I prefere all thrash I have heard over Testament. The Legacy and The New Order are good testament albums but lack that aggression and intensity of german thrash bands.

I prefer Heathen and Holy Moses over a lot of Speed/Thrash. Holy Terror may be lauded as one hell of a Speed/Thrash band but it pales in comparison to these aforementioned bands.

I prefer Morbid Saint over a lot of Thrash. Dark Angel may be a great Thrash band but it has nothing on Morbid Saint.

Reactions: Impudent
Status
Not open for further replies.