RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone recomend me some good Death Metal like Cryptopsy (both old stuff and their Once Was Not album). I know Quo Vadis, but is there any other band like Cryptopsy?

Neuraxis. They're older stuff is more straight forward death metal, whereas Trilateral Progression is more melodic and technical. Trilateral Progression is their best imo.

EDIT: Thanks to the peopel who gave me insight on the french bm bands, I'll be checking them out.

how is emperor guys, which is their most appreciable work and where to start off with , thnx :)

Can someone recommend me some thrash bands that use more harsh vocals instead of clean ones? (Kreator, Destruction etc....)

Can someone recommend me some thrash bands that use more harsh vocals instead of clean ones? (Kreator, Destruction etc....)

Lethal
Soulless
Alastor
Ares Kingdom
Assaulter
Atomizer
Bestial Mockery
Bifrost
Death Beast
Destroyer 666
Gospel of the Horns
Hammerwhore
Hatework
Morbid Saint
Nocturnal
Poison (Ger)
Possessed
ReDimoni
Sabbat (UK)
Sauron
Sepultura
Slaughter Lord
Sodom
Toxic Holocaust
Vindicator

Start with In the Nightside Eclipse and then move on to Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk. After those, you can continue, but don't expect anything close to the majesty of those two albums.

I second this. As for their later stuff, go with IX Equilibrium if you want to hear them do blackened death and Prometheus if you want some musical insanity. And, if you like Prometheus, give Ihsahn's 'The Adversary' a shot.

ObscureInfinity said:
Where should I start with Gorguts

Obscura or The Erosion of Sanity are good starting points. Dunno about Immolation, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.