RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought about taking it down, but then I realised my sig is a great moron-tester for anyone who takes it seriously.

And how do you define Symph? If you go by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symphony
In The Woods Omnio is probably the best example of Symphonic metal, Therion not reallly Symphonic metal at all.

Next you'll be saying Metallica S&M is symphonic metal

Anyone got good melo-death recs like Intestine Baalism or Chastisement? Appreciate it thanks.

Ah, I have one Nightrage album, Descent into Chaos. Any other albumr recs?

Any album recs for Pain Confessor?

You might like Eternal Oath also.

Get Righteous album from them.

And Dark Lunacy, they are more towards melodic-death even though they use strings in their music.

Get everything Dark Lunacy has.

This makes three threads now, but I'm going to recommend that you check out my band. The link is in my sig. There should be another song or two within a few days. I play drums, and I worked on the arrangements. Let me know what you think.

@ Disarmonia

Were those uploads in response to my reaction to Ador Dorath? Interesting melodeath - it was like 'Nightwish meets Skyfire', with some weird electronic noises thrown in on the side. :)

I appreciate the effort, but you're not really getting any closer to Therion. How much of their stuff have you actually heard?

Here are some of the criteria from my original post (in more refined form):

* similar to Therion's albums Vovin and Deggial
* operatic while still having subtlety and not being overly forceful
* preferably a decent amount of slow-tempo songs
* clean vocals preferred, though not necessary

Again, I realize my expectations are pretty up there, but if anyone can find me a band with this sound, you are my hero. :worship:

Note: I'm starting to check out Haggard's stuff. What I've noticed so far is that they're very heavily slanted toward pure classical. They seem to be devoid of any really rocking songs. That's what I find so fucking amazing about Therion - they have such a great grasp on both the operatic sound and the metal sound, and they can combine the two without losing the power of either. Long live Therion!

i want to venture into black metal, the few ones ive heard so far - behemoth, burzum, mayhem, enslaved, emperor, thats about it, what are the other quintessential bands that i must check out, thnx :)

P.S - not looking for anything obscure, just some great known bands.

Status
Not open for further replies.