Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

Nordstrom for the fucking win, he would fuckin mix the balls back into the music. Though i would be interested in what peter tagtgren would do with a bodom album these days.

Nordstrom for the fucking win, he would fuckin mix the balls back into the music. Though i would be interested in what peter tagtgren would do with a bodom album these days.

Fuck yeah. Nordstrom has produced some of the best metal albums ever.
The most notable are:

The Gallery
&
The Jester Race

Other albums i feel have an amazing sound that he was at the helm for are:

Wages of Sin
In Defiance of Existence
Till Death Unites US
Wearing a Martyrs Crown
Slaves of the World

I could go on for another half hour. But the point is, Nordstrom has consistently brought the best out of almost every band he works with. The man is a legend. Not only does he produce with structured intricacy, but he allows the band their own freedoms to change what they see fit. He is able to fine tune certain subtle aspects of an albums mix, that most people do not hear. This enables him to find the perfect sound for what direction the chosen band is heading in. It is truly remarkable.

I've never heard any other album by a different producer that sounded half as good as Nordstroms work.

Tagtgren would be nice as well. He gave us a certain album that most would concur was/ is COB's finest.

Update from Henkka 09 Mar 2010
"It is great to have a new rehearsal space. We can rehearse whenever and as long as we want. And this is a new thing for us as a band. So making new songs is now really different than before.

It's been really exciting, once again, to gather at the rehearsal space and start jamming the new ideas Alexi has in mind for. I'm really excited now, and looking forward everyday to get there again to see what's new this time.

Soon we will jam some old songs too, since we have these 3 shows in Finland next month. It s been quite a long time since last live show, so that is a fresh thing to do also, the small Fenno-tour. And we've never played in Sotkamo area!!!

We will enter the studio in the middle of next summer. And then we will take our time to track the stuff, then mix it and master it. Then the labels need their time to prepare the release... so unfortunately the release won't be this year, that's for sure. We will let you know as soon as we know the date.

When the tracking is done, the rest of the summertime we will spend at some summer festivals in Europe. Check out our live section for those.

And, we will put some footage, diary thingies, from the studio, that's for sure!"

Later,

Henkka

Great to hear something about the guys. Thinking about the new rehearsal place, Jaska finally finished his house? If I remember correctly, he said somewhere that there would be a place for the band to rehearse.

But, eagerly waiting for COBTV Part 3 :D

Yeah, definitely looking forward to that, too ;)
All in all it sounds like they´re in a good mood and fired up to work on the new album, that´s really pleasant news :)

Could be Jaka's house, actually.
In that Rock Hard interview in October he said he was constructing balconies, which to me sounds as if the house was near completion....

However, can't wait for the 3rd TV part, too, and the diary updates, too.

Update from Henkka 09 Mar 2010
"When the tracking is done, the rest of the summertime we will spend at some summer festivals in Europe. Check out our live section for those.

And, we will put some footage, diary thingies, from the studio, that's for sure!"

Can`t wait to see them live at the summer breeze festival:).
And I`m really looking forward to see COBTV part - I loooved part 1 and 2:kickass:

Fuck yeah. Nordstrom has produced some of the best metal albums ever.
The most notable are:

The Gallery
&
The Jester Race

Other albums i feel have an amazing sound that he was at the helm for are:

Wages of Sin
In Defiance of Existence
Till Death Unites US
Wearing a Martyrs Crown
Slaves of the World

I could go on for another half hour. But the point is, Nordstrom has consistently brought the best out of almost every band he works with. The man is a legend. Not only does he produce with structured intricacy, but he allows the band their own freedoms to change what they see fit. He is able to fine tune certain subtle aspects of an albums mix, that most people do not hear. This enables him to find the perfect sound for what direction the chosen band is heading in. It is truly remarkable.

I've never heard any other album by a different producer that sounded half as good as Nordstroms work.

Tagtgren would be nice as well. He gave us a certain album that most would concur was/ is COB's finest.
Haha plus one on the Nightrage album, he totally raised the ballsiness of Nightrage!

Fuck yeah man, He definetly stepped up their heavy aspect.

Even Johan Liiva loves the title track in which I posted the title track at his Facebook wall (I'm friends with him if you guys were wondering as well as the Nightrage guys) his review is very promising : "The song sorta kinda reminds me of, well like a mix of everything on "Burning Bridges", the song from album #4(Wages Of Sin) "Enemy Within" and a lil pinch of In Flames à la "Colony" or something like that. The acoustic guitar is very Candlemass: "Solitude". My guess: this is an american or german band - and that's without *googling* it yet. Pretty good actually!! Nightrage rules! :)" :worship:

Even Johan Liiva loves the title track in which I posted the title track at his Facebook wall (I'm friends with him if you guys were wondering as well as the Nightrage guys) his review is very promising : "The song sorta kinda reminds me of, well like a mix of everything on "Burning Bridges", the song from album #4(Wages Of Sin) "Enemy Within" and a lil pinch of In Flames à la "Colony" or something like that. The acoustic guitar is very Candlemass: "Solitude". My guess: this is an american or german band - and that's without *googling* it yet. Pretty good actually!! Nightrage rules! :)" :worship:

Niceness,:headbang: i dont know any Metal musicians. :cry:

Nightrage is from Sweeden. Interesting that Liiva wouldn't know that.

Marios Iliopoulos, the main man, is from Greece.

Vocalist, Antony Hämäläinen , bassist Anders Hammer , and guitarist Olof Mörck are all Swedish.

While drummer Johan Nunez is from Belgium.

What I'm expecting on the next album: the Sinergy riffs that they never made public and are planning to incorporate into Bodom. Now that's something to look forward to. And hopefully it's something that will redeem them from their last 2 albums (excluding Skeletons).

This is quoted from another thread. Any truth to this?