Resurrected Power Metal Thread

I would not have thought of Firewind at all. They've never been a favorite of mine.

Savage Circus isn't bad, but that vocalist sounds so much like Hansi! I can't get over that.

How is Elvenking beyond Heathenreel?

They stopped being good after The Winter Wake. There recent album "RED SILENT TIDE" is actually there best since those days. Some pretty catchy solos and riffs, but The Scythe sounded way too poppish but it was listenable I suppose.

been listening to Somewhere Far Beyond lately, which albums are Blind Guardians best?

"Imaginations From The Other Side" is my favorite along with "Tales From The Twilight World", but in all honesty Blind Guardian is the shit you can't go wrong with anything, although The Twist In The Myth was a bit weird at times, but I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Check there live albums too, those are fucking amazing.

this threads really long and i haven't read through all of it, but im gonna recommend the band Serenity if it hasn't been suggested already
really dug all of their cds

also was really into the last divinefire cd (despite all the christian themes it's overflowing with)

also since this is the power metal thread, ill ask
is lost horizon dead?

A Night at the Opera has almost the same shitty reputation as ATitM, something which I don't get. It suffers from over-production, but as a whole that album is very good. Blind Guardian's most intricate songs are on there, some really zany stuff.

this threads really long and i haven't read through all of it, but im gonna recommend the band Serenity if it hasn't been suggested already
really dug all of their cds

also was really into the last divinefire cd (despite all the christian themes it's overflowing with)

also since this is the power metal thread, ill ask
is lost horizon dead?

Serenity is a strange band. Their first album sucks, and their newest album sucks, too.

But man oh man, their second album is amazing. It's light years ahead of their other stuff. I think they followed this path: first album was crap but had some decent moments, second album they really found their sound and realized it, third album they tried wayyyyyyy too hard to do something super impressive and they failed miserably. Nothing memorable at all. Nothing close to Velatum or All lights reversed.

Listen to a song or two from Valley of the Damned and Sonic Firestorm. If you like those, you'll like those albums. The rest... I cant recommend.

So is anyone else waiting for the new Powerwolf?

They have a couple new songs spoiled already and I'm fucking exciting.

Given those two, I'll be pre-ordering.

Last edited by a moderator: