Resurrected Power Metal Thread

orden ogan is good but they need to ditch the singer. he can't hack it. his voice is weak. it cracks all the time. nails on a fucking blackboard. fuck it.

You've said this before, but I completely disagree. There are tracks where he sings in a higher register and it's fine. The cracking is part of his aesthetic, I think. You might not like it, but it's not because he's incompetent.

Here you go Krig, this band has the same amount of energy as Lost Horizon, albeit with a worse singer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ample Destruction > Pretty much anything released after the '90s

I listen to Jag Panzer once in awile and recently listened to Ample Destruction for the first time. Good stuff. The Fourth Judgement,Mechanized Warfare, and Casting The Stones are great albums also. I'm not big on Power Metal to be honest.

any news or updates?

New Sabaton is out. It's good but not better than Coat of Arms. The new Firewind is out, too, but they haven't released anything good since Forged by Fire, so I'm not hopeful.

oh and not related to power metal, but the new Kreator has leaked. Is it worth grabbing? They're good but kind of bland (last couple albums had little to no staying power).

Ha, yeah their content seems to have a "steampunk" vibe. Their last record reminded me of a China Miéville narrative; steampunk-ish, Victorian-inspired city where a revolution takes place. Great album.