Resurrected Power Metal Thread

Where's a good place to look into for Gamma Ray?? I haven't heard much by them. I hope they're not uninspired cheese like most of Sonata Arctica. Persuader is probably my favorite power metal band overall, unless you count Yngwie & Symphony X.

Generally, Land Of The Free (the first one) is considered their best, but my personal favorite is Somewhere Out In Space. It's got "Beyond The Black Hole", "Guardians Of Mankind", "Shine On/Rising Star". Those are all teh epic.

Those two albums, along with Powerplant, and you can't go wrong.

Where's a good place to look into for Gamma Ray?? I haven't heard much by them. I hope they're not uninspired cheese like most of Sonata Arctica. Persuader is probably my favorite power metal band overall, unless you count Yngwie & Symphony X.
Gamma Ray has a pile of good albums. I recommend "Power Plant", "Somewhere Out in Space", "No World Order" and "Land of the Free". Really though, any album will do.

In regards to Galloglass, I never listened to the first album but I liked a handful of songs from the second one. I haven't heard it in a long-ass time though.

I made it to 1% on that song in hard level on Guitar Hero 3...lol

I find a band that can't play their own songs live is no band for me.

I would miss notes too if I was that fast lol...but whatever. I don't play guitar so I prob wouldn't know.

Im bored of hearing how people hate Dragonforce. They are a good band. And that's it.

Why can't you hate Trivium instead? since they really suck ass.