Resurrected Power Metal Thread

:lol:

I was going to say "loving Tales of Medusa can't be a location!" but decided that would betray how disturbed I truly am by your appreciation for this apparently make-believe band. :cool:

I hope you honestly believe somebody just made up this band because it would be even more hilarious.

Well, seeing as how it would be laughter at my expense, no; I don't truly believe that.

But it would be extremely funny if I finally meet you one day and you tell me "Hey dude, you know that band Tales of Medusa that I love? I made them up. They're the sickest metal band ever."

Especially if you said it in that order.

Okay, now back to arguing:

God Dodens, I hate you so much.

Just kidding. :cool: I'm glad that we can resolve our situations despite our obvious disagreements, and sometimes very retarded arguments. This one was completely unnecessary. It was the alcohol that incensed me. So, I should probably apologize.

Well, I posted that one song by Powerwolf earlier and figured I'd share another one. I think these guys are great fun. Hard to take them seriously (they're all about Satanism), but the music's cool.

Would you die for heavy metal!?!

This one's insanely cheesy, but what the hell:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN5sgOUieiM&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
I will also aid in cleaning the thread, along with ein, with some Rage:

as I am also aware there are many who *still* have no idea who the band is.

Thanks a lot.. :cool: Feel free to add us if you have a myspace or anything.

Just about any Rage is good to start with tbh, the albums those songs are from are probably my favorites from the power-thrash era, but their early stuff is more melodic Teutonic thrash with that classic 80's sound if you like that as well.. 'Execution Guaranteed' being a favorite out of those.

You are all bitches for fucking up this thread.
Just blame Dodens. :p Also, a request I've been meaning to ask for a while, could have its own thread in recs, but whatever. I'm looking for Power Metal that has a darker, not happy feeling, but still retains most of the epic feeling. And by dark I mean battle at the end of the world type thing.

A little bit of an abstract request...I might interpret "battle at the end of the world" a bit differently than you may, and from *my* viewpoint, I don't think many bands of any genre have captured it or explored it very much. A lot of power metal, dark or not, is anthemic and atmospheric in many other ways, lending itself to a whole host of feelings and interpretations, but to me at least that specific seriousness hasn't been touched very much.

I can give you stuff which has a dark tinge and/or is battle-ish, that's about all..

'Prophet of the Last Eclipse' (the song) by Luca Turilli is that some..

part 1:

part 2:

A little bit of an abstract request...I might interpret "battle at the end of the world" a bit differently than you may, and from *my* viewpoint, I don't think many bands of any genre have captured it or explored it very much. A lot of power metal, dark or not, is anthemic and atmospheric in many other ways, lending itself to a whole host of feelings and interpretations, but to me at least that specific seriousness hasn't been touched very much.

I can give you stuff which has a dark tinge and/or is battle-ish, that's about all..

'Prophet of the Last Eclipse' (the song) by Luca Turilli is that some..

part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBsI60UKP6U

part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edy0fC4WK24
This is really close to what I was looking for. A few kinks I can see, but really good nonetheless. I don't like the keyboard tone as much though.

I can't imagine how Luca Turilli could possibly satisfy a request for dark power metal...but w/e.

Tad Morose have a dark feel. Metal Church are speed metal but there's a thin line there and they're dark as hell.