Resurrected Power Metal Thread

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh why not...

See the link in the signature? My band. 'American' power metal as it were, fans of both that and 'euro' may dig it, though that's by no means the end of the sound. The songs that are up are 95% completed.. the finished ones will be the ones pressed onto CD, with a bit of additional mixing and re-recording tweaks for little parts here and there I'm not happy with.

Enjoy, or as the case may more likely be, not. Whatever. :zombie:
Pretty solid. Lacks bass. Which is odd, because you have that really intense looking bassist who's credited as lead bass for some reason. Which one are you, btw?

Just blame Dodens. :p Also, a request I've been meaning to ask for a while, could have its own thread in recs, but whatever. I'm looking for Power Metal that has a darker, not happy feeling, but still retains most of the epic feeling. And by dark I mean battle at the end of the world type thing.

I'd suggest Pyramaze's first two records.

Pretty solid. Lacks bass. Which is odd, because you have that really intense looking bassist who's credited as lead bass for some reason. Which one are you, btw?

Do you mean in presence/sonically, or that the parts aren't clear enough to be heard..? Because we actually are very enthusiastic about the bass, and have it up a decent level.. listen under the solos for example, or parts near the first riff transition of 'Vendetta' where you can hear some of the small slap parts going on...etc. Maybe it's just the myspace compression..

In the liners, everything will be "lead", just to poke at that sort of thing.

I play the Iceman and make the various male noises..

Cool. Its presence is lacking. Probably myspace. It would help if the guitars had slightly more bottom end.

Nothing beats this alternate version of Edguy's "Mysteria"

MILLE PETROZZZZZZZZZZZZAAAAAAAAAA

Last edited by a moderator:
Just found this fan vid of Sabaton's "Metal Crue." The song is a hilarious, fun, nonsensical song about loving metal. All the lyrics are comprised of different metal bands (or bands that are often viewed as inspiring metal). Each time a new band is mentioned, an image of the band appears in the video. It's a pretty cool little metal tribute. And sometimes watching the band images sync up with their names is just hilarious. Enjoy!

Haha, I haven't listened to Freedom Call in forever. Great European Flower metal. I kind of burned out on them (listened to them a ton in high school, before I got into extreme metal). Still, they're great fun to listen to once in a while.

Ack, actually that album kind of signaled the beginning of something bad for me. Half the songs are really good, but there's a bunch of filler too, and little to none of the great soloing from the first two.... one of the things that was so cool about them is their leads were so far removed from the typical "shred" thing and were slower paced with an extremely memorable classic metal feel to them. I liked a quarter of 'The Circle of Life' too, and then 'Dimensions' is gay and I didn't bother with it.

I need to get some Rivendell. If you have Theory In Practice's The Third Eye Function you'll recognize some of the parts here.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ79in4rawU&feature=related[/ame]

the very smell of mid and late 90s mainstream metal like that makes me think of killing them with a hammer. So yeah.