Resurrected Power Metal Thread

Agreed, but the videos aren't popping up.
Fuck. Here's fixed.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kioBCb3fRw&feature=related[/ame]
Hansi Kursch is one of the best voices in power metal. He has so much, well, power!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been listening to Firewind lately, a bit generic, but I like them. The only album I have is The Premonition, which one should I get next?

I think if you put the best songs from 'The Spectre Within' and 'Awaken the Guardian' together you'd have the ultimate Arch album. I think both are kind of inconsistent, but the good is extremely good.

My favorite FW is still 'No Exit'.

The one with a bunch of side-by-side pictures. It doesn't really matter now, though, since we're on a new page.
Edit: WTF? It showed side-by-side before.

strange. When I made the post, every time I would go to the page, it just scrolled down, one picture at a time. There was no stretching at all. But I can just delete the thing..

and to go back to that Firewind post, probably the first album or 'Allegiance' would be the best ones to get. 'Premonition' is sort of a clunker, although it starts off strong with the first few songs.

Ein: to me a lot of power metal albums start AWESOME with a killer asskicking opening track after an intro usually, then start to just kinda suck, maybe picking up steam again then losing it, etc. What is up with these fucking bands?!

Oh, I see what you're saying. I don't know man, I think a lot of power metal bands are just so generic. That's usually my problem with it. I think that a lot of power metal bands try too hard to committ to a formula, and when a band with no innovation tries to do that the consequences are horrible. It just sounds like bland, uninspired shite. I guess maybe some bands are able to recognize their best song and put it at the head of a record, and then throw on the rest of the tunes. I really don't have a solid explanation, but I know what you're talking about. Power metal really is a genre that has some pretty horrible, generic bands.

EDIT: Also, I think that most power metal bands know that there is a certain formula that defines power metal music, and I think some bands cave under the anxiety of writing a record full of awesome power metal songs. Not many bands can pull that off. So, lots of albums end up being sub-par.