Resurrected Power Metal Thread

I haven't listened to these guys in a while, but some discussion in another thread got me thinking about them. I think they're pretty badass traditional power metal.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkWzH_57yVw&feature=related[/ame]

I figure I'll post some Secret Sphere songs so you n00bs can get into a good band:

Last edited by a moderator:
I really can't get into Hibria, just something about it. I expect I will get dissed for this.

I really must be missing something.

I'm not hearing much beef instrumentally at all, and overall it just comes off like the speed-version of a HammerFall type of thing, where everything is vanilla and rehashed to the core...or Primal Fear, except, I can remember a Primal Fear song..as painful as that is to say.

I would love if someone could tell me why the band gets more fresh praise than a lot of other power metal with beefier and more interesting instrumentation and hooks.

It isn't BAD, but really, what's going on?

Too typical imo. I'd rather power metal vocals be more diverse like Falconer (excluding albums with Kristoffer Gobel), Kiuas or Sabaton.

edit:But don't get me wrong, he is excellent for that style.

to me, the two power-metal albums of the past few years, that stand out high above all the others are:

Wuthering Heights 'The Shadow Cabinet'

and

Pharaoh 'Be Gone'