Resurrected Power Metal Thread

Well, it came out in japan on the 10th, worldwide release febuary 2009. I've been trying to find a leak with no success. Stingy japanese people :(

banner_tsc_en.jpg

Hibria's page said:
The album has 9 songs and brings HIBRIA connected to their roots but in a more contemporary approach, resulting in a blasting raging album made to energize, from the beginning to the end, whoever listens to it.

The band members who recorded its worldwide acclaimed debut album DEFYING THE RULES remained the same, excepting the drummer replaced by the ex-roadie of the band, Eduardo Baldo. Once again, the album was produced by guitar and bass players Diego Kasper and Marco Panichi.

They´ve brought the powerful vocals of Iuri Sanson to new stages and highlighted the complex rhythm riffs and arrangements developed by guitar players Abel Camargo and Diego Kasper up to the face of the listeners. Drums and Bass guitar were in charge of delivering a consistently heavy and loud rhythm section to support the strong melodies developed by the lead musicians.

HIBRIA's new CD was mixed and mastered in Germany by ACHIM KÖHLER. His previous works have made him the appointed person to deal with the different moods of the album. Achim has worked with bands from different styles such as Amon Amarth, Sodom, Pink Cream 69 and Brainstorm. He was also responsible for the mixing and Mastering of the album Devil's Ground from Primal Fear, and he has done a consistent remastering work on several Death Metal Cds, mainly from the record label Nuclear Blast.

The lyrics of the album explore the path crossed by a man who achieves his dream on becoming an air force pilot but later on, leaded by his ambition and vanity, joins a mercenary group. He then looses a partner in a trap set up by a rival group and becomes charged for that. Dominated by his wish for revenge, he falls into self-destruction meanwhile he is confined in a bunker with his past remembrances.

oh fuck yes! New Hibria!!! When does that come out?

You've probably already checked, but the opening track from the new album "Tiger Punch" is on their myspace. It totally killer. Bass shredding all over, guitar acrobatics and vocal sirens like we've come to expect. It basically picks up right where they left off, which is rippin' to my ears.

http://www.myspace.com/hibria

It's one of their worst, from the unmemorable songwriting down to the horrible production, but it does retain the unique vibe they have in their style at least. What you want is 'Return to Heaven Denied' and the self titled, for things to start out with, IMO...

song from each:

Actually the entire RTHD album seems to be on YouTube for anyone to listen to.

The debut 'No Limits' is awesome too, it has the darkest vibe and is a little more experimental, and has a young Fabio Lione on vocals, before the smoking took much effect. :loco:

I made a recommendation for them in someone else's thread too, but I have to comment, since it's one of my very favorite bands and they fit well into any power metal discussion as well as prog-related, so.....

Last edited by a moderator:
It got kickass reviews on M-A and was only 6 bucks so, word.

iirc Labyrinth has Secret Sphere members...the first and last Secret Sphere albums are wintastic.

eh, for $6 I guess it's ok. Hopefully it won't feel like a waste of money. It's just that the two before and the one (maybe two?) after it are so stellar, and that one has a bunch of filler..annnnd..the concept is teh gay. Olaf decided to leave after that album and take his b-sides to Vision Divine, who make one half-filler album after another. He also wasn't happy with Neil Kernon's production (???????) and decided to remix it himself, so now it sounds like listening to a desert, all the lushness of the harmonies, the keys, and Tiranti's vocals are gone.

I'll say that 'Kathryn' is awesome and what the whole thing should have sounded like..maybe 'Rage of the King' too.

I've only heard 'Scent of Human Desire' and I think it put me to sleep. No Labyrinth members, but they're another Italian band, they can't be completely horrible. On a related note, the guy who did the art for 'Heart and Anger' was going to helm our new demo artwork, but now I'm just pretty much impatient/not wanting to toss money at a silver pressing, and I'm going to shop it to labels as a nice CD-R. What's good from the first and last albums?

SOHD is horrible, I feel bad that most people have been introduced to SS through that. The art for H&A isn't very good in my opinion anyway so I wouldn't bother giving him money for that shit.

The previous page contains some youtube vids of good SS songs from the first and most recent albums.

nah, he's really good. That art does nothing for me, but none of their art is exactly..uh, astounding, anyway..so..... :p

songs from the other page..

First one I was loving until the chorus, which just sort of.. happened for no reason. Kind of like a lot of Symphony X songs..

Second one blew by me...

The last one, from their last album, I liked the most, strong song there.

The sound is very much like the first Cydonia album:

I guess if you weren't Labyrinth, Rhapsody, or Athena, you mostly sounded the same in Italian melodic metal. :loco: Oh, but the second Cydonia album is completely worth checking out..the review on the MA sort of describes it well, but not exactly...it's just really really good...impossible to find songs online, but really. Blows away the debut and has a ton of interesting ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn Elvenkings "Heathenreel" never gets old. It's kinda weird, i don't like their other albums at all but that one is so fucking gold, it just has something you can't put your finger on, incredible atmosphere.